Chapter 5 : What Sisters Do

Hyoyeon stood with her arms crossed in front of a guy. He was leaning back on his chair.

"We can't issue a warrant with only an assumption," he said.

"The fact that Kwon is looking for that girl right now is enough proof," Hyoyeon narrowed her eyes, "Jung Jessica is our girl."

"We need an authentic lead, Hyo," the guy stood up and circled his desk. He poured himself a glass of water.

"The morgue said they can't find any flammable material on the burned man body," Hyoyeon persisted, "what do you think could burn a man without

any flammable material unless they are?."

"The morgue testimony is vague? we need more. And you say she is a Potential."

Hyoyeon sighed.

"Seunghyun- oppa."

The guy flinched.

"Have I ever disappointed you in my investigation?"

Seunghyun didn't answer.

"This case is legit. That girl is a Potential. If Kwon Yuri and Kim Taeyeon get their hands on Jung then we are in trouble."

Seunghyun turned facing Hyoyeon, "this is an orphanage address, Hyo. You're asking me to issue a warrant to raid an orphanage."

"So?"

"We are a dignified organization. We do not just ambush a civilian facility over an assumption," Seunghyun kept his calm.

"And what do you think Gaea did to civilians? We are made to prevent that from happening again."

Seunghyun fought with his own idealism. Gaea was the first Potential the world had ever known and Seunghyun knew exactly what Gaea had done to

Korea and how the whole world was in shock. This was an opportunity to stop it from happening again. On the other hand, it was unacceptable to let

guns enter a civilian orphanage.

"Fine. You have your warrant."

Hyoyeon didn't smile even though she wanted to.

"Gomawo, Oppa."

**

Jessica watched Seohyun from the recreation room. Seohyun was talking at the porch with Yoona. They looked so close. Im Yoona? if you want my

little sis', you'll have to get through me. She narrowed her eyes.

"I don't think your unnie likes me, Hyunnie," Yoona smiled. She was holding a warm tea Mother made her.

Seohyun laughed, "don't worry. She's just being herself. She will be nicer once you know her better."

Yoona played with her glass, looking to the horizon where the sun was high. "You two real close, huh?"

Seohyun leaned her shoulder on the porch fences, "I grew up with her. She taught me almost everything. I look up to her."

Yoona looked to Seohyun's eyes.

"What?"

"I envy her."

"Why?"

"Because you protect her so much."

Seohyun's cheeks turned slightly pink.

"You were so scared when you hear that she was hospitalized. It's the first time I see you like that," Yoona smiled.