Chapter 1 : Anomaly

ASYSTOLE is

also known as Flatline. It is a state where there are no more pulse on one's heart and a conditions required for a doctor to certify death.

this fic is about an importance of life~ and how far people would go to protect their loved ones

ASYSTOLE

Chapter 1 : Anomaly

Jessica sat in front of a grand piano on a stage in an elegant rundown theatre hall.

She was playing the only song she knew with one hand, the song that Yuri taught her. And when she was done, she heard footsteps.

She turned her head to the aisle between the red audience seats where someone walking toward her.

"Eeteuk-oppa," she said.

Anxious, sadness and doubts were gathering. She stood up and faced Eeteuk. He smiled at her and she knew, he will be the death of her.

**

Jessica woke up in a white room. The smell of medicine and Lysol forced their way to her nose. She choked and coughed by them. She tried to raise her

left arm but it felt numb. She looked at her arm and found an IV line on her wrist. The line went up to a tube hung on an iron pole next to her.

Jessica frowned. She looked down to her body. She was wearing a blue pyjama and half of her body covered with a white blanket.

Jessica supported herself with her elbows and looked around. She realized that she woke up on a hospital bed. On her left, there was a wall with a

window leading outside. Jessica could see the blue sky.

Sky?

She was on the second floor. Jessica turned her head to her right to an empty bed. A few steps from the empty bed, was a small blue door.

Where am I?

Jessica found her belonging on a red brownish couch in front of her bed, a black bag, a pair of black boots, a coat, tee shirt, a striped patterned scarf

and her jeans.

Jessica rubbed her head.

What happened to me?

The door clicked open and girl with a long hair came in. She shrieked as soon as she saw Jessica.

"Unnie!"

The girl quickly ran to Jessica and hugged her. So tight, Jessica felt her insides were crushing.

"Seohyun?" Jessica softly pushed the girl back.

"Unnie?," her eyes were teary, "I thought I've lost you," the girl pushed her eyes with her palms as to prevent her tears to drop.

"What?" Jessica confused, "w? what happened to me?"

A tear escaped and came flowing down on Seohyun's cheek. She quickly wiped it and bit her lower lip.

"Hey, calm down," Jessica patted Seohyun's head. Seohyun looked so scared; whatever happened to Jessica must be terrible. Or so Jessica thought.

Seohyun took a deep breath and grabbed her unnie's hand, "you got stabbed."

**

Johyun was his name. He has been a doctor for more than twenty one years now. Her experiences and skills were portrayed so clearly on his balding