Chapter 18: Blood, Sweat, and Tears

((Hey guys! So just a note on the chapter: there's a part where blood needs to be given. I googled the boys' blood types but I only got the letters not the positive or negative. So in order for it to work I added the positive or negative. So it might not be right but the letters are for sure. And I am not a doctor so I don’t know if the medical subjects talked about in this chapter are accurate but they sound realistic so I went with them.

On a sad note, this is the second to last chapter guys :( only one more after this then the epilogue. I know I say it all the time but thank you guys so much for reading and liking my stories. You guys mean the world to me and I truly mean it when I say I love you! I hope you guys enjoy the chapter :) <4))

~~Liam's POV~~

Ten minutes later we arrive at the hospital. The ambulance rushes through the car park and pulls up in front of the big, neon-lit sign that labels the entrance to the emergency room. The machine that keeps track of heartbeats is still, faintly beating which means Harry is still beating. There's hope that there won't be a DOA. There's hope that Harry will make it through this.

The paramedic slams on the brakes and floods out of the car. He rushes around and yanks the back doors open. The other two medics usher me out of the back and jump down after me. They start unhooking machines from Harry and pull the stretcher with him on it out of the vehicle. They wheel it to the doors and into the hectic, crazy emergency room.

As soon as they enter they start shouting about blood and needing help and a whole bunch of confusing hospital words. Nurses rush to them and start messing with Harry's body. They start undoing the bandages and replacing them with new ones. He gets wheeled all around the room and I rush to keep up.

A nurse tending to Harry leaves his body to get something and I walk up to her, "hey. What's happening with him? Is he going to be okay? What are you guys doing to him?" I start firing the questions at her like a machine gun. She looks at me overwhelmed by the questions.

"I don't know what's going on. All I know is that I need to change is bandages. Ask the paramedic who picked him up," she says walking away from me and back to Harry's lifeless body now on a hospital bed. I walk over to a doctor standing in front of him and start asking him tons of questions. I sound like a bumbling idiot.

"He has lost tons of blood and getting hit by the car gave him a minor to moderate concussion. He also has a few broken ribs and a fracture left leg," he says turning to me looking concerned but calm. "But our main concern is the blood. He needs a blood transfusion but we don't know his blood type. A nurse just took a blood sample and it’s in the lab right now."

"Oh okay. Well I'm Liam. I'm Harry's friend. My other friends are on the way here. I'm going to go find them and I'll be back. Please come find me if anything happens." I say to him. He nods his head assuringly and I smile at him. I rush out of the emergency room and back to the car park. I look out over all the cars and see theirs pulling into a spot in the back.

Zayn is the first one out and he starts running towards me, the others on his heels. When he reaches me stops and looks at me worried. I wait for the others to catch up to him before I say anything. They get here and put the same face as Zayn on their own. Niall is hunched over trying to breathe. I smile a bit at him.

"Okay so he says some broken ribs and left leg. He got a concussion but it isn't too bad. The biggest thing is his blood loss. He lost so much that he needs a transfusion." I say reciting the doctor's statements from a few moments ago. Eleanor gasps and her newly-dry eyes start to gloss over again.

"He needs one or he is having one?" Zayn says. He brings up the biggest problem: the fact that he isn't having one as we speak. I tell Zayn and the other two that they don't know his blood type and that they are waiting for the results from the lab.