Chapter 19: Forgetting

((Here it is guys; the last chapter of "What Does Forever Mean to You?" and to the "Forever" series. I know I say this a lot but thank you guys so much. I never imagined these two stories would be as popular as they are. You are the best readers in the world by far! I hope you continue to read my stories in the future. The next book I'm planning is going to be a Niam one. But back to this story. Enjoy the last chapter guys :'( <4))

~~Louis's POV~~

Harry's dying. I can't do this; Harry's dying. Everything was fine. We were fine. And then he just started thrashing. What if he dies? What is I never see him again? I can't live without him. I can't manage without him. I can't be without him

I stop dead in my tracks and fall back to the floor. I continue to sob as I fold my body into a fetal position. I feel Eleanor's arms wrap around me and swiftly lift me off the ground.

"Come on, Louis!" Eleanor says in my ears as she continues to pull my sobbing body down the hall. "Harry needs you. You need to hurry up!"

We follow Harry and the doctor into windowless room. Inside Harry's body still thrashes on the bed. Next to him are a chair and a whole bunch of machines and tubes. The doctor forces me into the chair and a nurse materialises next to me. She starts pressing buttons and hooks me up to an IV. My arm gets force to turn so my forearm is faced up. The opposite side of my elbow is cleaned with an alcohol swab. The nurse brings a long needle up to my arm and forces it into the previously-cleaned spot. I gasp at the pain and struggle to keep still. I have never liked needles and today will not be the day that I do.

Next to me, the doctor and another nurse are strapping Harry down to the bed by his arms and legs. The doctor picks up a needle longer than mine and holds it above Harry's arm.

"Administering anaesthesia now," he says before forcing needle to penetrate Harry's pale skin. Slowly, Harry's body stops shaking and relaxes on the bed. I turn back to my situation and see the immense amount of blood taken from me. The feeling overtakes my will to hold on and everything goes black as I pass out.

I wake up facing a big, bright light piercing my pupils. I force my eyes closed again in pain. I open them again, this time slower, and my eyes slowly adjust to the light. The bed I'm in sits in a rather small white hospital room. There is a window on one side, and a windowless door on the other. In the far corner sits two chairs, both occupied by who I think are Eleanor and Liam.

A loud crash erupts from outside the window and I turn to see it start to storm outside. Another burst of thunder echoes through the room and my body starts to shake. I pull the thin, uncomfortable sheets closer to my face and turn away from the window. The thunder continues for what seems like hours and I keep shaking.

Finally, it stops and I feel my body slowly start to relax. I bring the sheets away from my face and return my body to its beginning position. I lay there quietly watching Eleanor and Liam sleep, their heads rising and falling with each breath.

I close my eyes and begin to drift off to sleep when a loud bang fires through my ears. This time I scream rather loudly and dive under the covers. My body begins to shake and again and I hear whimpers escape from my mouth.

The flashbacks of when Harry would hold me during thunderstorms start flooding my mind. The tears start flowing down my face as I remember those times. Those times that seem so far away. Those times are the ones I miss the most.

"L-Louis?" Liam's voice asks from the other side of the room. "Louis, are you okay?" I hear the voice get closer and stop beside me. The sheets of the bed get pulled back and Liam is revealed standing next to me. I look up at him and a small pout forms on his lips.