Book 3-- Chapter 9

So I'm going to try to write this chapter with some of your ideas :) I hope it'll be good :) Then after this chapter I definitely know what chapter ten is... Unless I'm going crazy and I already posted that... I don't think I did :) OH WELL. I lied I just shoved it on here cause it worked good. So Chapter ten is unwritten then... But I think I know what I'm going to write so hopefully I should get it up tonight... maybe... no promises! Ok so votes and comments always very appreciated!

Jack's POV

"Jack will you please take Kendal and go get pizza or something, I'm really not in a cooking mood," Mom sighed.

"Yeah," I said, climbing up from the couch. I winced a little at the pain in my shoulder. Turns out Clay isn't as good of a shot as he thought. Mom's eyes glazed over for a minute. It'd been happening a lot lately. She'd go into this space out mode. Usually they only lasted a few minutes. The last one lasted three hours. This whole experience was killing her slowly. Her eyes returned to normal and she shook her head.

"You spaced again," I whispered. She gave me a half hearted smile. Uncle David and Jayden came into the house, swinging Adam between them. He squealed happily.

"Momma," He cried. He ran to her side and clutched her leg.

"If I did that she'd hit me," Uncle David sighed with mock sadness.

"You're darn right I would," Mom said. Uncle David's face fell into a frown. He watched Mom climb the stairs with Adam and turned to me.

"She spaced again didn't she," He asked. I nodded. "I hate seeing her like this," He mumbled.

"Kendal and I are going to get pizza, will you watch her?" I asked.

"Yeah," Uncle David answered.

"If she has a nightmare you know what to do right?" I asked.

"Yeah," Uncle David said. "Jayden, go with them."

"Kendal, come on we're going to get pizza!" I shouted for him. He came out of his room looking ghostly. We all went outside and got into Uncle David's Jeep. I wasn't allowed to drive yet with my shoulder, so I sat in back, letting Kendal have the front seat.

"Kendal, are you alright?" I asked. He had that same spacey look that Mom got.

"What if she doesn't come back?" He asked.

"Don't think like that, she's Kali of course she's coming back." Jayden snapped.

"What if they hurt her? What if they turn her into Mom, strong all the time until something reminds her of it?" Kendal whispered.

"Kendal they won't hurt--"

"They already did! You don't understand, I need Kali, more than anything else in the world. She's the strong one." Kendal cried.

"We understand dude," Jayden said. I never really stopped to think about how Jayden was doing with all this. Him and Kali were closer than Mom and I. They knew absolutely everything about each other.

Kendal put his head in his hands. It was amazing how much he looked like Dad. Jayden stared ahead, his face looked like stone. It hurt to look at them, they were so broken.

"She's not totally alone, she has Mckinley." I offered.

"What if they killed her," Jayden said.

"You both have to listen, Kali is Mom with Dad's temper. She's a fighter. She's not going to die. Do you understand?" I asked.

"Dad doesn't have a temper," Kendal muttered.

"HA! You've never seen it. Just trust me, don't piss off Dad." I laughed.