Book 2-- Chapter 10 Nightmare

Ok, first off I want to apolgize for the shortness and stupidity of this chapter. :(

Writer's Block is a meany.

But I promise the next chapter will be better!

Please Vote and Comment both are VERY appretiated!

--Madi :)

Izzy’s POV

It was a good thing Jace didn’t have classes today, because there was no way I was letting him leave me. Jack didn’t understand why it was so bad that he had talked to Mark, it made him mad that we wouldn’t tell him. I hadn’t slept at all last night, and now I leaned against my father on the couch, trying to stay awake.

“Izzy, go to bed.” He ordered, softly. I shook my head and yawned. My eyelids grew heavy. I felt myself being lifted off the couch. I didn’t care anymore, I just wanted to sleep. I wrapped my arms around the person’s neck and buried my head in their shoulder. They smelled like lemons, Jace.

He set me down on the bed and covered me up. I held onto his hand when he tried to leave.

“Stay,” I muttered.

“No,” He laughed pulling from my grip.

“Just till I’m asleep,” I begged. He sighed and sat down on the bed.

Jace’s POV

“Just till I’m asleep,” She begged. I sighed and sat down on the bed. She smiled and pulled me down beside her. I wrapped my arm around her waist. It didn’t take her long before she was out. I heard Jack talking downstairs.

“Grandpa, do you know there are ghosts in our house?” He asked. I pulled my arm from around Izzy and tried to get up without waking her. Jack started into his story telling them about how the ghosts on Scooby Doo moan. I ran down the stairs two at a time and swept him up, covering his mouth.

Chief James looked at me like I was nuts. Emma looked confused. Andrew sat snickering; I think he knew where this story was going.

“I want to tell them my story!” Jack yelled.

“Jack, no.” I said, sternly. He sighed and I let him down. I went into the kitchen to get a drink. I put the glass up the fridge and waited at the water slowly poured out. I heard Andrew laughing hysterically. I looked into the living room. Jack was beaming; excited he made Andrew laugh so hard. Chief James turned and glared at me. Shit.

I walked hesitantly back into the living room. I heard Izzy call my name. Emma giggled.

“Sounds like you might get a little brother or sister soon Jack.” She teased. I glared at her.

Jack jumped up and down excitedly. “Daddy, I want a little sister!” He yelled.

“Yeah we’ll go to the pet store and get one right now.” I muttered. Jack shook his head.

“Oh Daddy, that’s not where babies come from.” He said, sighing.

“Like you would know?” I asked.

“They come from Mommies’ bellies.” He said, like I was an idiot.

“Oh, thanks for clearing that up for me.” I mumbled. Izzy said my name again. She sounded groggy, she must be sleep talking. Mrs. James came inside, I didn’t know she left. She looked at the glare Chief James was giving me. She had the mail in her hands. Jack saw the box and jumped up to see it.

“Is it for me?” He asked.

“No, it’s for Isabella.” She said. It sounded so weird when people called her that. She handed me our mail, I started opening the package.

“Jace, that’s not for you.” Chief snapped.

“So? She’s my wife; I don’t think she’ll mind.” I said a bit cockier then I had wanted it to sound. Andrew took the package from me.

“Well she’s my sister, so I get to open it.” He said. He opened the box and tipped out the contents. It was a square thing wrapped in paper. Jack took it from him.

“She’s my mom!” He shouted. He ripped the paper off and opened the photo album that was inside. He dropped the book. The picture was one of the ones Izzy had hid from her father. Except it wasn’t me. My head had been cropped out and Mark’s head, replaced it. I grabbed Jack and covered his eyes. We all stood in shock staring down at the album. Emma picked it up.

“They’re all like that.” She whispered. She looked at the picture and up at me, a devious smile on her face. I snatched the book from her and through it on the table.

“The stalker and Mark are working together,” Chief whispered. Jack tore my hand from his face.

“Who’s Mark?” He asked. No one answered.

“Who is he?” he shrieked again. Go ahead and shriek all you want, no one is going to tell you.

“Jace!” Izzy screamed. We all ran up the stairs. Izzy lay in bed tossing and turning. The blankets were wrapped around her legs. Jack jumped on the bed and put his tiny nose against Izzy’s.

“Mommy,” He whispered. Izzy’s eyes shot open and she screamed. Jack jumped back, a look of confusion and fear on his face. Izzy stopped when she saw it was Jack. She sighed and wrapped her arms around him, apologizing.

“Are you ok?” I asked her. She looked at me confused.

“You were screaming my name.” I told her.

“Probably not the first time,” Andrew muttered. Emma smacked him across the head.

“I was?” She asked, choosing to ignore Andrew. She ran her hands through her hair. She let out a big breath. “Bad dream,” She mumbled.

“Bout what?” Jack asked, looking up at her.

“Mark,” I mouthed over Jack’s head. She nodded.

I shook my head sadly. I hated what he could do to her. Just knowing he was back gave her horrible nightmares. I swear if I ever see that son of a bitch again, I’ll kill him.