Book 2-- Chapter 7 Protect the Castle

“So what’s this big emergency?” Dad asked. Jace handed him the picture. “What in the world—“

“I found that under our door when I came home with Jack.” I told him.

“Last night there was someone taking pictures of us. I ran out when we saw him, but he was gone.” Jace said.

“What kind of creep would send you a picture like this?” Dad mused. I looked out the window up into the woods. What if he was watching us now? Flash.

“Dad!” I shouted. I pointed out the window, he was there again. Dad and Jace ran out the front door. I watched as the person dropped the camera and ran into the woods. Dad stopped and picked it up. They came back into the house.

“It’s just some kid, maybe 16, 17. He took off as soon as I yelled at him.” Dad told me. He flipped through the pictures on the camera.

I sighed in relief. It was just some kid, some stupid sick kid, but just a kid. Dad’s face went white. He turned the camera to Jace. I looked over their shoulders. It was a picture of Jack, sleeping. I ran up the stairs as fast as I could. I flung open Jack’s door. He sat under his covers; I could hear his tiny whimpers.

“Jack,” I breathed. He started crying louder and pulled off the blanket. I sat down beside him and pulled him against me. I let him cry until he couldn’t cry anymore.

“There…was…a guy… outside…” He gasped, trying to get his breath back.

“Shh, I know. Everything is ok now. Grandpa and Jace scared him away.” I whispered. I carried him to his window and looked out. There was a tree nearby, which must have been where he was.

“Can I sleep in your bed?” Jack asked. I wiped the tears from his eyes.

“Yes,” I said, kissing his head. Jack leaned his head against my chest and wrapped his arms around my neck. I carried him downstairs with me. By the bottom step he was fast asleep.

Dad and Jace were still looking at all the pictures.

“So this is the one he sent you,” Dad thought out loud when he reached the picture. He went back I few more pictures. I snatched the camera from him. I don’t think he even saw what it was a picture of. No way was I letting my dad see pictures of my honeymoon.

“Isabella, give it back.” He demanded, confused.

“Nope, that’s as far as you’re allowed to see.” I said. I clicked through the pictures of our honeymoon, 300 of them, and stopped when I got to the ones from when we arrived home. I handed the camera back.

“You skipped three hundred pictures,” He said annoyed and started backtracking.

“No,” I demanded, taking the camera again.

“Isabella, I don’t think they get worse than this.” He said, holding up the picture that was under the door. I blushed a little.

“Trust me, Dad, they do.” I said. He reached for the camera. I picked one of the ones that were too far away to see anything and showed it to him. His face went white.

“Exactly,” I muttered. “And this is rated G compared to the rest.” I shivered at the thought of someone watching… well that.

“I’ll put some guys on the case tomorrow. We got a pretty good look at him; we’ll probably be able to find him. Until then get some sleep.” Dad gripped my shoulder and smiled. He patted Jack’s head.

“Get some sleep!” He shouted back at Jace. Jace raised his eyebrow, confused.

“What was on the camera?” He asked. Dad had taken both the camera and the picture with him.