Hurt

Rozonda's P.O.V.

I stopped my car in front of Dallas's house, and put in it 'park.' I hopped out of my car, not even caring enough to turn the car off. I stormed up to the door and knocked furiously. I'm ready to open a can of whoopa*s.

The door swung open. There stood Dallas. "Hey. What are you doing here, Ro?"

"Where is she?!" I pushed him out of my way and walked past him.

"Who?"

"Don't play stupid, Dallas!" I looked around.

"What?"

Next thing you know, Brenda came around the corner. "Dallas, Baby, what's-....Oh, it's her."

As soon as I saw her, I just let go of all my anger. I charged toward her. Before I could lay a hand on that h*e, Dallas pulled me back with all his strength.

I looked at that girl with all the anger that was still inside of me. Brenda still had that same thing that stopped me from beating her a*s last time, the baby bump. If it wasn't there, trust and believe, Dallas wouldn't have been able to stop me.

"I would beat your a*s if you weren't pregnant! You know that, right?!" I felt Dallas still holding me back.

She threw up her middle finger. She was breathing hard and sh*t like she put up a fight.

Is that my cue to beat her a*s?

I was trying to constantly get a hand free, so I could lay a hand on her. I jumped at her, but I couldn't get further than two feet with Dallas constantly pulling me back.

"Brenda, go in the back! Now!" Dallas demanded.

She stared at me for a second, then went to the back.

I jerked away, getting out of his grip. "Don't f*ckin' touch me, Dallas!"

"What the f*ck is your problem?!" He asked.

"My problem?! I'm sick of this, all this sh*t with you!" I pushed him into the wall. "I'm sick of it!"

"What the f*ck are you talking about?"

"I belived you, Dallas! You said you were gonna stop cheating on me, and sh*t like that!" I felt my eyes signaling that the waterworks were coming. Nope, not now. I held them back.

"Do you want to know the truth?"

"Why do you think I came here? For you to lie to me again?"

"Ok," He looked me straight in the eyes. "You're my woman! No one takes your place! Do you get it?! These other girls are nothing to me, Ro!"

"You're so full of it, Dallas." I turned around to leave.

"Won't you just listen?!"

I turned around, now facing him. "No, cause if they were nothing to you, she wouldn't be pregnant with your baby!"

"Who said that's my baby?!"

"Obviously it's yours if you're taking care of her like this!"

"That baby ain't mine, Ro! I already told you this!"

"You expect me to believe you?"

Everybody knows Dallas don't check out pregnant girls. They turn him off. He don't wanna raise nobody else's kids. Sh*t, he can't even raise his own.

He just stood there. "Do you refuse to believe everything I say?"

"You used up all the trust a long time ago, Dallas."

"Is that right?"

"Yeah, that's right."

"Well maybe you'll understand it one day."

"What is there to understand?" I asked curiously. "You've already made it clear that I'm not enough for you."

"You're trippin'."

"I'm trippin', Dallas? How would you like it if I went around getting with other guys?" I laughed to myself. "You know, some have asked me out, but no. I was trying to do right."

I took the promise ring off. "I've been keeping promises and sh*t, being loyal and faithful to yo a*s. "

"Ok, Ro. I get it."

"I can't wait around for you to treat me right. They are plenty of n*ggas who would." I continued. "Don't call me unless you get your sh*t together."
"Ro." Dallas called my name.

I turned around, then walked out the house. I dropped the ring in the grass. I got in my car and drove off.

By the time I got home, I didn't even feel like going inside. I got out of my car and went inside the house anyway. I went straight upstairs and got in bed. Tears began to well in my eyes as I remembered everything he had put me through.

I feel so heartbroken, so hurt. I ain't never loved a man the way I loved him.