My Packcage Has Arrived

Lisa P.O.V.

Earlier this morning, I woke up around 9:00 a.m.. I ate, got ready, and finished up my last minute errands. I had to wash clothes, get some extra groceries, and etc.

I'm currently watching "The Cosby Show." Remember the episode when Olivia and her grandfather discussed where babies come from? That's the funniest episode ever. I'm really just waiting for Jamal to contact me. His flight should be arriving in ATL in about 17 minutes. I talked to him yesterday and he told me he will call me when a taxi picks him up from the airport.

I went into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water and put a few chocolate chip cookies on a napkin, then sat back on the couch. After eating the cookies and drinking some of my water, I somehow dozed off.

...
45 Minutes Later

I woke up to my cell phone ringing. I sat up on the couch and grabbed my phone off of the table.

I pressed the talk button and put the phone up to my ear. "Hello?"

"Hey Lisa. It's Jamal. I'm at the hotel." Jamal said from the other end of the phone.

"How come you didn't call when you left the airport?" I asked.

"I did, but you didn't answer."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"It's ok."

"Which hotel are you at." I asked Jamal.

"Hotel Nikko." He answered.

"Oh, that's a few streets over from my where I stay." I said. "Do you want me pick you up or do you want to relax since you made it here?"

"Actually, I can walk over there since it's a few streets over."

"You sure?"

"Yea. What building are you in?" Jamal asked me.

"The building numbers aren't in order, so it might be hard to find depending on what direction you come from." I said. "It's the one near the lake."

"Alright."

"And call me when you approach the lake." I added. "Bye."

"Bye."

We both hung up. I got off the couch and threw my napkin away.

After about 15 minutes my phone started ringing again. I picked it up.

"I'm near the lake." Jamal said.

"Ok, I'm on my way." I said.

"Ok, bye." Jamal hung up.

I walked over to my closet and grabbed a hoodie and slipped it over my head. Then I grabbed my keys and left. I went outside and saw Jamal walking towards me. A smile quickly grew across my face. He smiled back.

"Hey, Lisa." Jamal greeted and hugged me.

I hugged him back. "Hey Jamal."

"So what are the plans for today?'" Jamal asked me as we started walking towards my building.

"Well, let me see." I glanced at my watch. "We can go get some lunch."

"Ok, that seems like a good idea."

"My jeep is right there." I pointed at the 1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo.

"That's nice." Jamal complimented.

"Thanks."

"Is it new?"

"No, it's the same one I drove to Philly." I unlocked the jeep with the remote.