Midnight's Moonlight

Lisa's P.O.V.

Jamal and I made it back to ATL two nights ago. I did find a place in Philly that screams 'LISA.' Unfortunately, the rent will be a little higher than I expected to pay.

I also was able to visit my family, and spread the good, jolly news while I was in Philly. They were suprised, but they're excited that I'm going to be close to home. At first, my mother refused to accept my help. It took forever to talk her into changing her mind, but later she finally accepted the fact that I wasn't taking no for an answer.

"Ok. I guess I'll see you tomorrow. Bye, Bill." I hung up and sat my cell phone on the kitchen counter.

"Yo, Lisa?!" Jamal yelled from the living room.

"I'm just in the kitchen. I can hear you, ya know." I answered.

"Sorry."

"It's ok, boo." I leaned on table that's connected to the wall. "Whatcha need?"

"Which box does this lamp go in?" He held up the silver lamp with a white shade.

"It goes in the box labled 'fragile.'"

I went into the living room and got back to work. I packed all of my photo albums and address books into a small, brown box.

After walking over to the area of the room where my TV and stereo are, I started packing other things like CDs and DVDs, along with VHS and cassette tapes. I'm just now realizing how much stuff I have.

"So what's the plan for tonight?" Jamal sat down on the couch, I guess to take a break.

"Nothing. The plan is to finish packing. I want to be out of this place as soon as possible."

"We can't finish packing all this stuff by tonight, even if there were four of us."

"Well I guess we can call it quits for tonight," I thought for a minute. "What do you want to do?"

"Anything that doesn't involve doing this."

"I think Midnight's Moonlight would be a good place to go," I finished up by grabbing the tape, and taping the box shut. "I'm going to go get ready."

I sat the roll of tape down, then went to my room. I went through my closet and tried to find something to wear.

After settling with a beige tube top and light brown pants, I went through box of shoes that were already packed and found some flats. I did a few extra things, then we headed out.

***
We made it to the club about an hour ago, and I'm having a really good time.

"That's all you got?" I giggled at how Jamal tried to out-dance me.

I stopped dancing and grabbed his arm, pulling him over to one of the couches.

"Why did we stop," Jamal asked me."I was gettin' it."

"Yeah," I sat down. "I know, Boo, but I didn't want you to hurt yourself."

"I," He pointed to himself. "can dance."

Janet started playing, and everyone started moving along with the music.

"Maybe you can prove that to me after you go get us something to drink," I said. "I'm thirsty."

"Fine." He began walking away.

"And hurry up!" I yelled to him.

He turned around and flashed me a smile, then disappeared.

"That's the Way Love Goes" was playing. It's one of those songs I listen to when I relax. I don't know what it is about that song.

I closed my eyes and listened to the music as if I was meditating.

Like a moth to a flame, burned by the fire. My love is blind. Can't you see my desire? That's the way love goes.

"Excuse me." I heard someone nearby say.

I ignored it, thinking they were talking to someone else.

"Excuse me," The voice got closer. "Lisa Lopes."

I opened my eyes to see a tall, handsome, black brother.

I cleared my throat, "Yes?"

"I was wondering if you would like to dance."

"I'm sorry, but I'm here with my boyfriend."

The guy looked down, then looked back up. "The fine ones are always taken."

I looked away and blushed. I looked back at him and pushed part of my bang behind my ear. "What's your name?"

"Andre, Andre Rison."

I thought for a second. I've heard that name before. I don't know where.

"Don't I know you from somewhere?" I asked.

He shook his head, "Nope."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive. You have a face that a guy like me could never forget."

Of course, I started blushing again.

"Hey, I'ma go. It's not good for a guy like me to be seen around another man's woman." He winked an eye at me.

I rolled my eyes playfully, then smiled. "Bye, Andre."

He turned around and walked off, disappearing into the large crowd of people.

I smiled to myself. Andre. Andre Rison.

It was as if Andre walking away was a cue for Jamal to come back. Jamal had to glasses in his hands, one of them completely empty, and one almost empty.

"Where is my drink," I questioned. "and what took you so long?"

"There was a lot of people." He handed me the glass that was nowhere near full. It wasn't even filled up halfway.

"What is this?" I held up the cup after examining it.

"That one glass wasn't enough for me."

"So you drank mine instead?" I asked, sitting my glass down on the table.

Jamal took my glass and threw the rest down his throat, "Do you want me to get you another one?"

"Nah, I'm not even thirsty anymore."

"Rump Shaker" by Wreckx-N-Effects started playing.

He wiped his mouth with his sleeve, "How about we get back on that dance floor like you promised?"

"Oh my gosh. No," I let out a little laugh. "You are not dancing to this song."

"I am tonight." He grabbed hand and pulled me up.

"Why this song though?" I asked, allowing him to pull me onto the dance floor.

"Because." He started dancing.

At first, I was wondering if he has low tolerance for alcohol, because he was having too much fun dancing to this song. I've never seen him this lively, and full of energy, before.