Catch Up

Lisa P.O.V.

A few seconds after the light turned green I drove across the intersection.
I approached Tionne's street and made a right, then I drove a little further and turned into her paved driveway. I got out of my jeep and went up to the door. I rung the doorbell.

Her mother opened the door and greeted me with a smile, then gave me a hug. "Hello, Lisa. How are you?

"I'm good." I smiled back. "How are you?"

"I'm doing just fine." She stepped to the side."Come in. Tionne is still upstairs getting ready."

Of course, I told that girl to be ready.

I walked over to the couch and sat down. I looked to my right and saw Ms. Gayle go upstairs.

"Mmm, mmm, mm." I heard a voice say. "Waiting on Ti?"

I turned around. Kayo plopped down next to me on the couch.

"Yeah." I answered.

"Well I'll be here to keep you company until she's ready."

"Ummm, thanks?"

"You're welcome." He looked at me for a few seconds.

"What?"

"You look pretty."

"Thanks."

"And you smell nice." He added.

"Oh, that's my lotion." I unzipped my purse and pulled out a small bottle of lotion. "Want some?"

He shook his head. "Nah."

I shrugged my shoulders and placed it back in my purse.

"Kayo, what are you doing? Go upstairs." Ti said entering the living room.

"No, I can talk to whoever I want to." He argued.

"Except Lisa and Ro, and anyone else I communicate with." She grabbed my house keys that were on top of the fireplace. "Bye."

I stood up and walked towards the door. "See ya, Kayo."

"Bye." He smiled at me and waved.

We left out of the house and went to the jeep. We both got in.

***

I pulled into the parking lot of the pizza place and parked. We both got out of my jeep and went into the pizza place.

Ro was sitting at one of the tables drinking water. Ti and I walked over and sat down.

"Hey, Rozie Pie." I said giving her a hug.

"Hey, y'all." She responded giving Tionne a hug after me.

"Long time, no see, no speak, no d*mn phone call." Ti said making Ro and I laugh.

"Sh*t, I've been busy." She sat her small purse down in the extra chair. "And you could've called me."

"See, I was busy too."

"Enough about y'all busy crap. I'm ready to order this sausage pizza," I said examing the menu. "with the cheesesticks and hot wings."

"Alright. How about sausage and pepperoni?" Ti asked as I noticed a waitress walking towards us.

"I don't care what we eat. I'm starving." Ro said.

The waitress took our order once she reached the table, then walk away.

"This is one fancy a*s pizza place." Ti pointed out.

"Ain't it?" I agreed.

Everyone stared off into space, daydreaming, for a second.