Morning Conversations

Li P.O.V.

I woke up to my phone ringing. Who could it be at this time in the morning? I looked at my clock and it said 8:30. Ugh, I guess it's not that early.

I picked up the phone that was on my night stand. "Hello?"

I heard a familiar voice on the other side of the phone."Hey."

"Who is this?" I asked.

"Jamal." They answered.

"Oh, sorry. I just woke up."

"I didn't mean to disturb your rest."

"Oh no. It's fine. I needed to get up anyway." I said.

"So how are you?" Jamal asked me.

"I'm good. What about you?"

"I'm doing pretty good." He said.

"That's great!"

"You never called me back."

"I know. I'm sorry. Ti and Ro stayed over really late. By the time they left, I was tired." I admitted.

"It's fine. I was just calling you to, you know, talk."

"About what?"

"Nothin. Just talk." Jamal said.

"Well let me see." I took a minute to think about what to say. "So what made you decide to come to Atlanta?"

"Well I've been wanted to come, but I needed to get settled in at my new place and stuff. I also had to work out some family issues." Jamal said. "Then I thought about visiting again, and now is the perfect time. I'm not that busy right now and my best friend lives there."

"Oh, you never told me that you have a friend that lives here in Atlanta." I said.

Jamal laughed. "I'm talkin' about you, Lisa."

"Oh." I laughed a little.

"So are you still thinking about about giving me a tour?" Jamal asked me.

"Yea. I don't know ATL like that." I informed him. "I mean, I know the main parts but not the whole city."

"Well, you can still show me around."

"Fine." I said smiling. "How long are you staying?"

"I'm leaving on the 15th." Jamal answered me.

"When does your flight leave?"

"When I come, or when I go?" He asked me.

"Both."

"Well my flight to Atlanta is suppose to arrive at noon on the 11th. And I'm suppose to be leaving at 9 a.m. on the 15th, but ya know I gotta get there early to get my bags checked and stuff."

"Yea." I heard something through the phone. "What's that noise?"

"My neighbors. They're having a party or something." Jamal said.

"In the morning?"

"Yea they're the type that parties all day and night."

"How do you sleep?"

"The parties aren't every day. Just once or twice a week, but it acually helps with my songwriting."

"How?" I'm just curious.

"Well I like to be in an uncomfortable environment when I write." He answered. "It gets my creative juices flowing."

"Oh. That's cool."

"Yea. It can be irritating at first, but it gives me ideas."

"What do you-" I was interrupted by a beep from the phone, which means someone is calling.

I ignored it. "What do-" I tried to restate my question, but the beep interrupted me again. "Can you hold on? I'm getting another call."

"Sure." Jamal said.

I clicked over. "Who's calling?"

"Ti. Why you answer like that?" Ti asked me.

"Cause I am on the phone with someone." I replied.

"Aww, you on the phone with your boyfriend?"

"He is not, and I repeat, he is not my boyfriend." I said.

"Girl, I'm just playing." Ti laughed. "Are you gonna pick me up?"

"Pick you up?" I asked uncertain of what she was talking about.

"To go to the studio."

"Yea, sure." I answered.

"Ok. What time?" She asked me.

Man, all these questions. I got someone on the other line.

"Like 30, wait no. 45 minutes from now." I answered.

"Ok, thanks."

"Yea. You're welcome." I said.

"Bye."

"Bye." I clicked back over to Jamal. "I'm back."

"What were talking about?" He asked me.

"I don't know, I forgot." I said. "But, I have to go to the studio today, so I'll talk to you later."

"Ok, bye Lisa." Jamal said.

"Bye." I hung up.

I got out of bed and went into the bathroom to get ready. After getting ready, I got dressed, brushed my teeth, then left.

I got inside of my jeep, put my key in the ignition, turned it on, and started to drive. Then I turned on the radio. Ruffneck by MC Lyte is on.

"I need it and I want it so I gotta get a ruffneck" I said along with the radio.

Remember that song? That used to be the JAM. Well, it still is for me.

I drove down the streets, stopping at each red light. Then I turned onto Tionne's street. I turned into her driveway and honked my horn.

After about 3 minutes, she came out of her front door and walked towards the jeep. I unlocked the door so she could get in.

"Hey, Lisa." Ti said getting inside of my vehicle.

"Hey, Ti."

Ti closed her door. I put the jeep in reverse, backed out of the driveway, then started driving. She put her hand against her head.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

"I am so sleepy." Ti mentioned.

"What time did you go to sleep?"

"Lemme see. We left your place around 2 a.m.." Then she started mumbling some stuff. "I think it was about four."

I looked at Ti.  "Four?"

"What? I had to wash some clothes."

"It doesn't take that long to wash clothes."

"And I talked to Dalvin." She added.

"That's why. You didn't get your 7 hours of sleep."

"I am not a child." Ti said.

"So, you still gotta get enough sleep." I stopped at the red light.

"I know, I know."