Moving News

Tionne's P.O.V.

So today is Valentine's Day, and where's my Valentine? On tour for months. I haven't talked to him since he left. I've tried calling him a thousand times between yesterday and earlier this morning, but still no answer.

I just layed in my bed thinking to myself about how boring today is going to be. I glanced at the clock and saw the hands laying on the bold numbers with the same attitude as mine. The time, 8:27. I guess that means it's time for me to get ready to go to the studio.

I shoved the covers off of me and got out of bed, letting out a long, strong yawn. I walked straight across the hall to the bathroom. I took a nice warm shower. The water, not too cold, not too hot. I got out of the shower and finished getting ready. I put on a bright orange t-shirt and some light blue denim jeans, along with my Doc Martens.

I grabbed my phone and dialed Ro's number to let her know I was ready for her to come pick me up.

"Hello?" She answered with a dry voice.

"Hey, this is Tionne. Are you still coming to pick me up?" I asked.

I heard her clear her throat before she spoke again. "Pick you up? We decided to cancel the studio session today."

"And no one called me?"

"I think Lisa was suppose to."

"Man, I could've slept 'til 12."

"That's what I'm doing."

"Yea, rub it in." I said sarcastically.

"You act like you can't just get back in the bed." Ro said dragging her words a little.

"I can't cause now I'm already dressed and wide awake."

I waited for her to respond.

"..."

"Hello? Are you still there?" I know this girl did not fall asleep on me.

I hung up and stuffed the phone in my pocket.

I went downstairs. When I walked into the kitchen, I grabbed a cup out of the cabinet. Then I went straight to the fridge. I got the orange juice out and poured a full cup. Then I put the carton of orange juice back in the fridge. When I closed it I saw my mother.

I jumped, making my beverage spill. "Momma, when did you get here. I didn't even hear anyone come down the stairs."

She glanced at the wasted orange juice.

"Sorry." I apologized for the mess.

"Tionne, we need to talk." She said sitting down at the table.

"Is everything ok?" I asked sitting down in the chair across the table.

"Yes, yes. Everything is fine." She placed her elbows on the table. "Tionne, you're 23."

"Right."

"You'll soon be 24."

"Ok. I hear you."

I'm so confused.

"I'm going to just come out and say it.... Honey, you're gonna have to start looking for a place to stay."

I twisted my face. "B-but-"

"But nothing." She cut me off. "You're making money, sweetie. Then you're coming in my house eating up my food. No, no. We can't have that."

"I don't wanna move." I said pouting.

"Oh, honey child, don't get upset. Listen, I don't want to do this," She said sounding sympathetic. "But-"

"Then don't. You don't have to do anything you don't want to do. Remember when you told me that?" I reminded her.

She laughed. "You didn't let me finish. I was going to say that I have to do this, Tionne."

I folded my arms and leaned my back against the chair.

My mother sighed. "Don't have an attitude. It was going to have to happen some day."

I shook my head and mumbled, "It didn't have to happen today."

She repeated her sigh. "Alright. I see how much this is bothing you, so how about you just pay me rent? You can rent the basement."

"I like that option better." I unfolded my arms. "How much will rent be?"

"Hmmm.." She put her head down in thought, then raised it. "How about we start with four hundred dollars a month?"

Start with? That's a lot of money right now. Oh well, I won't say anything. I don't want her to change her mind.

"That's fine." I said easing back into my normal face expression.

"Good. Your first payment is due next week." She said getting up from the table.

I know my face retwisted itself. Next week?! How on Earth am I going to get four hundred dollars by next week. Trust me, I'm not broke, but money doesn't grow on trees. I have other expenses in life.

"Now clean this mess up." My mother added before leaving the kitchen.

_________________________________

A/N
Hey! Long time, no update. Sorry for the long wait, but guess what. I'm officially back now!