Chapter 35

*head up, kinda sad*

Today's the day I've been dreading for a while; Jesse's going off to college. I'm going with him and his parents to get him set up in his dorm, so at least that gives me a little more time with him.

Jesse and his parents stop by to pick me up. Jesse comes inside to talk to my parents.

"When does training start?" Dad asks him.

"Three days."

"Well good luck." He says before he shakes his hand.

"Stay safe, Jesse." Mom says as she hugs him.

"Thanks guys. See you soon." Jesse says as we leave.

"Are you okay?" I ask Jesse when we get into the car.

"I didn't think it would be so hard to say goodbye to everyone." He answers.

"You'll see everyone again soon. It's not like you'll be gone forever."

"Yeah, but I don't know the next time I'll see them."

"Keep thinking positive, it'll make things easier."

The drive was pretty quiet, but it wasn't awkward.

When we get to his dorm, we unload the car and take it to his room.

His roommate wasn't there yet, so Jesse got to chose which side of the room he wanted.

We unpacked his stuff and helped him set up his side of the room.

When we were about halfway done, the door opens.

"Hey, you must be Jesse! I'm Devon." The guy says introducing himself.

"Hey! It's nice to meet you." Jesse says to him.

"Did you graduate early to come here too?" He asks him.

"Yeah. Where are you from?"

"Ohio. I'm pretty far from home, I know. How 'bout you?"

"LA. It's about 5 hours away."

"It's still a lot closer than me."

We finish unpacking his stuff and then tour the campus a little before we have to leave.

"Alright, well it looks like you're all set." Steven says to Jesse.

"I guess so."

Steven hugs Jesse, then goes back to the car.

"I'm gonna miss you so much. Call me everyday." Claire says to him as she hugs him and starts crying a little. "I can't believe my baby's in college now."

"Bye, mom." He says wiping away one of her tears.

Claire looks at me and smiles weakly as she goes back to the car.

When I look back at Jesse, he takes a deep breath as a tear falls down his face. I run up to him and hug him as tightly as I can.

"Rhylee, I don't think I can do this." He tells me crying a little.

"Yes, you can. All you've been able to talk about the last couple months is how excited you are to come here and continue your football career."

"But I'm going to miss all of you so much."

"I know, and we'll miss you too." I tell him. "We'll talk everyday, and before we know it, you'll be back home visiting or we'll be here visiting you." By now, I'm crying.

"I love you so much." He says as another tear rolls down his face.

"I love you too." I cry.

He leans down and kisses me like it's the last thing he's ever going to do.

I break the kiss and hug him again before I go back to the car.

"Call me when you get home." Jesse says as we break the hug.

"I will. I love you."

"Love you too." He says before he kisses me one last time.

As soon as we break the kiss, I walk back to the car without looking back. I know as soon as I look back, I'll see him crying, and I don't need to be crying anymore than I already am.

I get into the backseat of the car and look out my window and see Jesse standing there waving.

I wave back as we drive away. Once he's out of sight, I put my head against the window as tears fall down my face.

I hear Claire silently crying in the front seat also. I look over and Steven and he's showing no emotion, but that's probably 'cause he's driving.

As soon as I get home, I go in my room and call Jesse until I fall asleep.

A/N

Hope you liked the double update!

I'm so sorry I haven't updated! I'm in the process of moving, and I haven't had time to really do anything besides packing, school, and work.

I'm thinking about ending this book in about 4-5 chapters. This story doesn't interest me as much as it used to. Honestly, I think once I'm finished with this book, I'm going to take a break from writing. I'm not sure how long the break will be, but I need some time to get my life situated and actually have something to inspire me to write about. Almost every story line I've written has happened to me, or someone I know. I might over-exaggerate or add something to make it more dramatic, but other than that, it's all happened in real life.

I think that's it!

Thanks for reading!! :)