Chapter 10

Today mom and dad leave for the weekend. Trevor, Christian, and I planned the party the night they told us they were going out of town. The plan for today was to get the word out about it at school.

At lunch, I go sit with Caitlyn and Olivia.

"Hey." I say sitting down.

"Look who decided to talk to us." Caitlyn says with an attitude.

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"It means that ever since you started talking to that jerk you haven't really talked or hung out with either of us."

"I'm sorry, I've been busy." I say.

"Too busy for your friends?" Olivia asks rudely. "You've been acting different since you've been with him."

"Guys I'm sorry, I really am."

"Save it. Have fun being with Christian and ruining your life." Caitlyn says as her and Olivia get up from the table.

Christian sits at the table with me once they're gone.

"What happened?" He asks.

"They don't want to be friends anymore." I say quietly.

"What, why?"

"They said I've changed since I've been with you."

"Are you saying it's my fault that they don't want to be friends anymore?" He asks getting a little mad.

"Calm down, it's okay. I'm not blaming you at all. If they were really my friends, they'd support me no matter what."

"Sorry, I overreacted a little."

"It's okay." I tell him. "So is there a lot of people coming tonight?"

"I think so. I mean, your brother has a lot of friends and knows a lot of people; I'm sure they'll all come."

"Did you invite any of your friends?"

"I didn't know if you or Trevor would want anyone I hang out with there."

"I don't mind, and as long as it doesn't get too out of hand, Trevor won't mind either. Call some of them."

He pulls out his phone and texts a few people.

"I'll text Sabrina. It looks like she's the only friend I have right now."

When lunch was over, Christian had invited about 20 people to the party, including Sabrina.

The rest of the day went by fast, which was a good thing.

Mom and dad left as soon as we got home from school. They asked us if we were planning on throwing a party and Trevor and I just laughed it off.

"Wait, I just thought of something." Trevor begins. "Is Jase telling his parents we're throwing a party, 'cause they'd defiantly tell mom and dad."

"He said he was just going to tell them that he was coming over to hang out with us; so we're okay." I say.

We start getting ready for the party.

About an hour later, Sabrina and some of Christian's friends showed up.

"Who are they?" Trevor asks me quietly so they can't hear him.

"Some of Christian's friends. They're really nice. The girl, Sabrina, she's the one who did my hair."

"I don't care if they're here, but I don't want this getting out of hand."

"I know. I already told them."

By 6:00, the house was almost filled with people. Music was blaring throughout the house and people were dancing and having fun.

Sabrina and I are sitting outside talking.

"Isn't homecoming coming up?" She randomly asks me.

"Yeah, it's in 2 weeks."

"Do you have a dress?"

"No."

"We should go dress shopping next weekend! I could help you pick one out!" She says excitedly.

"Okay, sounds fun!"

"Are you two having fun?" Christian asks as he sits down next to me and kisses my check.

"Yep. We're going dress shopping next weekend." She tells him.

"Dress shopping for what?"

"Homecoming." I say.

"You're going to make me go to homecoming?"

"Yes, and you're going to have fun. It's just like a party, but without the alcohol."

"Okay fine. But I have one condition." He begins, "I'm not wearing pink."

Sabrina and I start laughing.

"Okay, deal."