Chapter 28

I'm going home today. I've never been more excited for anything else before. Being at home, getting real food, sleeping in my own bed, and seeing my friends again.

My mom and dad arrive at the hospital right when it's time for me to be released. Mom hands me some clothes to change into when she walks in the room.

Once the nurse takes out the IV in my arm, mom helps me into the bathroom to change. It's also nice being able to wear my own clothes again. Sabrina brought me some of her clothes to wear while I was being held; and as much as I love her clothes, sometimes I just wanted to be in something that's mine.

Before we go home, I insisted we went to the police station to talk to Sabrina. I feel bad enough that she had to spend a couple nights in a jail cell, I don't want to make her wait any longer.

Mom and dad drive to the police station and as soon as we walk in, everyone knows who we are and take us to the interrogation room.

A few minutes later, Sabrina's being walked in by a officer.

"We'll give you guys a couple minutes to talk privately before we start." Detective Willson tells us.

I walk over to Sabrina and hug her.

"Thank you." I whisper in her ear.

"I'm so glad you're okay." She whispers back.

We didn't talk about what I was going to say to the police about her, so she's probably a little worried right now.

"Thank you so much for rescuing our daughter." Mom tells her as she starts crying and hugs her.

We sit down at the table; I sit next to Sabrina and my mom and dad sit across from us.

"How have you been?" Dad asks her.

"I've been better. I don't have much room to say anything though after what happened to Rhylee." She answers.

"Can Sabrina and I have a minute alone?" I ask mom and dad.

"Are you sure?" They ask.

"Yeah. I'll be fine."

They leave the room and Sabrina looks at nervously.

"What have you said so far?" She asks me once mom and dad are out of the room.

"I told the detective that you visited Christian one day and you heard me downstairs and came back during the night and rescued me. That's all." I tell her.

"Okay good, when they questioned me, I said the same thing."

"They told me that you refused to say anything until you saw me."

"I talked as soon as my lawyer showed up. Maybe they just said that to you so you couldn't copy my story and lie."

"Probably." I say as the door opens and mom, dad, and detective Wilson walk in.

"Everything okay?" Detective Wilson asks us.

"Everything's perfect. I just can't thank her enough for saving me." I tell her looking at Sabrina smiling.

"I have to ask you both a couple questions, then Sabrina, you'll be free to go."

"Okay." We both agree.

"You two used to be friends?" She asks us.

"Yes. Then I saw her with Christian and got mad at her, but I forgave her about 2 weeks before I was abducted." I tell her and Sabrina nods, agreeing with what I just said.

"And Sabrina, you had no idea that Rhylee was being held in the basement of Christian's house?"

"I had no idea. I visited him one other time while she was being held, but I didn't know she was there, or I would've helped her then." Sabrina says. "I'm so sorry." She says to me.

"Have you guys found him yet?" I ask the detective.

"Not yet, but we will. We think that once he found out you were gone, he ran." Detective Wilson tells me.

"He has family in Washington, he might've gone there." Sabrina tells her.

"Well there should be wanted signs for him posted in every police station across the U.S., so if he's spotted, he'll be arrested immediately. Don't worry, we'll get him."

"I don't mean to sound rude, but is there anymore questions, we want to take Rhylee home." Mom says.

"You two are free to go. We'll contact both of you if Christian's been arrested."

"Thank you so much." Mom tells her as she stands up.

Sabrina, dad, and I stand up and the four of us leave the police station.

"Do you need a ride somewhere?" Dad asks Sabrina.

"Sure. Thank you." She says.

We get into the car and take Sabrina home, then we head to our house.

A/N

Hope you liked!!

Sorry for not updating sooner, my app stopped working and I haven't had time to go on my computer to update.

I see R5 in 8 days!!!! I'm so excited!!

Thanks for reading!! :)