Chapter 9

I go upstairs to my room and call Christian.

"Hey! Where your mom and dad mad?" He answers.

"They didn't know I came home late, they weren't home and Trevor covered for me."

"That's good then."

"I guess. So are you doing anything tonight?" I ask him.

"Nope. Why, do you wanna do something?"

"My dad wants to have you over for dinner tonight so him and my mom can finally meet you."

"Sounds like fun. What time should I come over?"

"Around 4 I guess. That way we can hang out a little before dinner."

"Okay. I'll see you then."

I hang up the phone and head back downstairs.

~~

Around 3:30, I start to get ready for when Christian comes over.

I change into a flannel, a white tank top, and a pair of jean shorts. I straighten my hair and put a little bit of make up on.

When I'm done, the doorbell rings.

I go downstairs to see dad opening the door and inviting Christian in.

"You must be Mr. Lynch." Christian says.

"I am, but you can call me Ross." Dad tells him.

I smile. Good, dad seems to like him so far.

Dad steps aside so I can see Christian, and he can see me.

He's wearing the same color flannel as me, a white t-shirt, and ripped skinny jeans.

"Really, we're going to be that couple?" I say laughing a little as I hug him.

He hugs me back.

"I guess so."

Dad sits down on the couch in the living room.

"Have a seat." He says to Christian.

We walk into the living room and sit on the love seat that's across from the couch. When we sit down, he puts his arm around my shoulders.

"So Christian, tell me a little about yourself." Dad says.

"Well, I'm 18, I'm a senior, I live with my mom, and my dad lives in Florida. That's pretty much it." He answers.

"Rhylee's brother is also a senior, do you know him, his name's Trevor?"

"I don't know him personally, but I do know of him."

"Do you play any sports?"

"No. I used to skateboard though; until I got my license and a car."

"Do you smoke?"

That question makes me a little nervous. If Christian answers yes, he'll be out of here so fast he won't even be able to say anything otherwise. But if he says no, he'll be lying, I guess that's better than dad not liking him though.

"No. I don't drink or do drugs either."

I look up at him, knowing that he just lied.

"Why do you have so many tattoos?" Dad asks him.

"Okay dad, that's enough." I say.

"It's okay Rhylee." Christian says to me. "I like them. I feel like they show who I am." He answers dad's question. "I'm thinking about getting another one soon."

"Where's mom at?" I ask dad hoping it would change the subject.

"I'm right here." She says walking out of the kitchen. "You must be Christian."

He stands up and shakes my mom's hand.

"It's nice to meet you Mrs. Lynch."

"Oh please, call me Natalie." Mom says. "Dinner's almost ready if you three want to go in the kitchen."

As we walk to the kitchen, dad calls for Trevor to come downstairs.

When Trevor gets into the kitchen, Christian and I are already sitting down at the table. He glares at Christian, if looks could kill, he'd be dead.

Once everyone is at the table, dad starts a conversation.

"So Trev, do you know Christian?" Dad asks Trevor.

"Yep." Trevor answers.

"How long have you two known each other?"

"We've never actually talked before. We might have had a few classes together when we were younger, but we never became friends." Christian replies.

It's silent for a couple seconds while everyone's eating.

"So you know how our anniversary's coming up?" Mom asks Trevor and I.

"Yeah." We both answer at the same time.

"Your dad and I are going out of town that weekend. You two are going to be by yourselves and we're trusting that you guys won't do anything stupid."

"We won't." Trevor says.

"Promise?"

"We promise." I say.

After we're finished with dinner, Christian and I go outside and sit at the edge of the pool.

"Your parents seem cool." He says.

"They are for the most part. They can be strict at times, but what parent isn't."

"I wouldn't know. My mom's always out of town on business, and my dad lives on the other side of the country. Most of the time I'm by myself."

The back door opens before I have a chance to say anything.

"Okay, we need to talk." Trevor says kinda mad to Christian.

Both of us stand up.

"You need to leave my sister alone. You're pressuring her into doing things that she doesn't want to do and I'm not okay with that." He quietly yells so mom and dad won't hear him.

"Woah Trevor, calm down. He's not pressuring me into anything." I say defending Christian.

"You're telling me that you really wanted to sleep with him? Do you even love him?"

"Look, I didn't pressure her to do anything. I asked her multiple times if she wanted to stop and she said she was okay every time I asked."

"Could you two please work something out? I can't stand the fact that you don't like him." I say with the last part directed to Trevor.

"I really don't have a problem with you; I just don't like how fast you're going with my sister." Trevor says to Christian.

"I don't have a problem with you either. I think you're an amazing athlete and we could end up being friends."

"Yeah, let's not get too crazy."

The three of us laugh a little at Trevor's comment.

"Now that that's out of the way, what are we going to do the weekend mom and dad are out of town?" I ask Trevor.

"There's one thing I can think of." Christian says.

"Let's throw a party." The three of us say smiling.

A/N

Hope you liked!!

I'm so sorry for not updating sooner!! I still don't have a lot of this written, so I'm trying to space out the updates a little.

Make sure to vote and comment!!

Thanks for reading!! :)