Chapter 31

Waking up the next morning was difficult.

I lay in bed for a couple minutes, trying to wake up before I go downstairs.

"Rhy," mom says opening my door. "Are you sure you want to go to school today?"

"Positive. There's some things I need to do." I tell her.

"What happened last night with Jesse?" She asks me sitting down at the end of my bed.

"He got back together with Ali." I say.

"What? That doesn't make sense; he called us everyday while you were gone asking if we had heard anything."

"Well apparently he needed to move on in case something happened to me. He said that he told Ali as soon as he got the call that I was found, that things were over, but I'm not sure if I believe him."

"Maybe after today, things will change. You should probably start getting ready or you'll be late." Mom says as she stands up.

I get out of bed and go into the bathroom to shower. Once I'm done showering, I quickly get dressed and head downstairs for breakfast.

"Good morning." Maddie says to me as I sit down.

"Morning."

"Are you excited to go back to school?" She asks me.

"I guess." I shrug.

"Okay, what's wrong?"

I take a deep breath and fill her in on everything that Jesse told me last night.

"I can't believe him!" Maddie yells.

"Mads, calm down. It's not good for the baby for you to get mad, especially over this."

She closes her eyes and takes a breath.

"You're right. But as your friend, I'm not going to just sit around and watch you be heartbroken. I can't wait to see him at school."

"Speaking of." Trevor interrupts walking into the kitchen. "We need to go now if we want to be on time. Maddie and I only have 2 weeks left, I don't want to mess up now."

Maddie and I throw our stuff away and grab our book bags before we leave.

We pull into schools parking lot and just like always, there's a bunch of people walking around outside.

Trevor finds a place to park and turns off the car.

"Are you ready?" He asks me.

"Ready as I'll ever be."

A/N

Sorry it's so short.

Thank you guys for the feedback from the previous chapter. It means so much to me.

I have another question for you guys that I would really like to know what you think.

Would you guys like it if I put up the first chapter of the new book I've been working on?

I probably won't be updating it until this one is almost over, but it'll give you guys a little look at what the story's going to be about. (Well kinda. It just introduces the main character a little)

I know I asked about a month ago if I should wait to put it up, but I really can't wait to share this story with you guys. I have about 14 chapters of it written already and so far I really like it.

Let me know if you think it's a good idea or not.

*update: I got some comments from people wanting me to put up the first part, so I did. You can find it on my profile if you want to check it out!*

I hope you liked this chapter!

Thanks for reading!! :)