Chapter 16

I know I always apologize for time jumps, but by now you guys should know that I like to get to the point. (I hope this doesn't come off as rude. And if it does, sorry, it wasn't meant to be.)
Enjoy!
~~~~

One month.

It's been one month since Jesse kissed me, and it's been the best month ever.

About 3 days after Jesse told me he liked me, he got my number from Olivia and we started talking more and then we just kinda became official.

The good news is my family seems to really like him. He's met everyone, even all my cousins. The bad news is that all of Ali's friends, including Ali, won't talk to me. I guess that's really not bad news, but it sucks because they're all on the volleyball team with me. At least the season's over with and none of us really talk during off season.

When my alarm goes off, I roll over and turn it off and I grab my phone.

I scroll through Twitter and Instagram for a few minutes before I get out of bed.

Tonight's the first boy's basketball game of the season. Of course, Jesse's starting. He's so excited.

Right before I turn off my phone to get out of bed and start getting ready for school, I get a text. It's from Jesse.

'Good morning beautiful.'

I smile.

'Good morning. Excited for tonight?' I text back.

A few seconds later, he responds.

'Yes! I'm starting to get nervous too.'

My door opens and my mom walks in.

"Rhylee get out of bed. You're alarm went off twenty minutes ago." She says.

'You'll be fine; you always are. I gotta go, see you at school.' I text Jesse quickly.

It takes me about an hour to get ready for school, then I get into Trevor's car and we go to school.

As soon as we get to school, I go to my locker and grab what I need for the day.

Someone, well, Jesse, comes up behind me and hugs me from behind and kisses my cheek.

I turn around and wrap my arms around his neck.

He leans down and kisses me quickly.

I can't help but smile when I'm with him.

I've been crushing on him for a while now and we're finally together. I'm the happiest person ever, no one could ruin anything right now.

"Ew, get a room." Caitlyn jokes as her and Olivia walk towards us.

I turn back around and close my locker.

"Oh whatever Caitlyn." I joke back.

The four of us walk to the cafeteria and wait for the bell to ring.

~~

During first period, Ali wasn't there; which is strange 'cause she never misses school. Even though we don't talk anymore, I still hope there's nothing wrong.

The teacher snaps me out of my thoughts when she starts teaching the lesson.

The rest of the day went by pretty fast.

As we're walking out of school, I decide to bring up how Ali wasn't in school today.

"Did anyone else notice that Ali wasn't in school today?" I ask.

"No. Why do you even care?" Caitlyn replys.

"I don't. But she never misses school. I just hope everything's okay." I say.

"She's right, Ali never misses school. Something's up." Jesse says.

"Guys. You two are finally together; are you really going to spend time wondering what's wrong with Ali? She's kept you guys apart for too long." Olivia tells us.

"She's got a point. Let's stop worrying about her and focus on the game tonight." I say facing Jesse. "I know you're going to do amazing."

"Thanks babe." He says as he leans down and kisses me.

It doesn't last long 'cause the rest of the basketball team yells for him to start practicing and warming up a little before the game.

Caitlyn, Olivia and I go back to my house to get ready for the game.

~~

About an hour before the game starts, the three of us head back to school.

We walk into the gym and sit with some of the other players girlfriends.

Before the team goes off the court, Jesse comes over to wear we're sitting.

He holds out his hand.

"Follow me." He says.

I look at him a little confused, but I take his hand and I follow behind him.

He walks out of the gym and walks to the little hallway type thing that's outside the gym.

The lights are dim and there's no one in the hall.

"Rhy, I'm freaking out." Jesse says a little panicked. "What if I mess up? What if I do something wrong and coach pulls me out for the rest of the game? What if-"

I cut him off by grabbing his face and kissing him.

He immediately wraps his arms around my waist, and I move mine around his neck.

A few seconds later, we pull away.

"Thanks. I needed that." He says with his arms still wrapped around my waist.

"You need to stop freaking out. You have nothing to worry about." I say before I kiss him quickly again.

There's a noise that came from the end of the hallway where you first come in.

Both of us quickly back away from each other in case it was an administrator or a teacher.

"I thought I'd find you here." Ali says. "This is where you'd always take me before games."

"Ignore her, she's just trying to get inside your head." Jesse whispers to me.

"Oh yeah, ignore me; but you and I both know it's true."

"What do you want?" He asks her.

"I need to talk to you."

"Can't it wait till after the game?"

"No." She begins. "It's important."

"What could be so important that-" Jesse doesn't get to finish 'cause Ali cuts him off.

"I'm pregnant."

A/N

Bet you didn't see that one coming. ;)

I'll try to update again soon, but I'm really busy the next couple days and I don't have anything written yet. So once I find time to write again, I'll update.

How would you guys like it if I wrote a chapter in Trevor's pov?

I have an idea that I kinda want to use, but I feel like it would be better if it was used in his view, not as Rhylee hearing it from him.

Also,
Go check out 'It Will Always Be You' by jamieklynch !! It's new, so there's not a lot of chapters yet, but it's really good so far!

Thanks for reading!! :)