Chapter One | A Stolen Kiss

Authors Note (09/03/2020) : Hello future reader, welcome to 'A Pirate's Kiss' the novel I began writing in 2011 when I had too much time on my hands and didn't care much for school work.

If you didn't read the previous Introduction please read this quick note.

— Apologies for the formatting of my Chapters! It was done before Wattpad had a cellphone app.
— I have very lightly edited some of these Chapters, just because I don't like how I wrote some parts when I was younger. If you come across an edited Chapter, there will be a note at the start.
— I say lightly edited because I've literally just eliminated some quotes or changed how characters reacted to certain things :)

The main relationship in this novel is not a healthy relationship to begin with. I never had the intention of making these characters 'perfect' people, so do not be mistaken, they are far from perfect. But then no-one is perfect are they? And in that sense, no love is perfect either. 

I hope you enjoy the story and make it through to the third novel, which I'm still currently updating :)
Much love,
Daisy
________________________

(This chapter was edited on the 21/04/2020 Please read Authors Note at bottom.)

_______________________

A Pirate's Kiss
(Book One)

Chapter 1| A Stolen Kiss

*

'You can romanticize me
 all you wish,
but the devil wrapped in silk
 is still the d(evil).'

- A Word to my Lovers 

*

CIRCE

I was 15 when it happened.

The bombs lit up the night sky like fireworks, but instead of shrieks of delight, screams of horror echoed through the blackness while the stars twinkled down coldly, detached from the rest of the world.

I stood on my balcony, watching the unfolding chaos below. As the daughter of the Duke, the  highest authority in our small, sea-side Duchy, I was in no particular danger. However vaguely in the back of my mind I thought it a little strange that no one had arrived to check on my whereabouts. My four other step-siblings were probably running amok somewhere in the castle I supposed, keeping the guards busy as they tried to get the best view of the fires burning below.

I smirked a little as I imagined my step-mothers reaction to the chaos. Perhaps she was the blame for my lack of guard. She was probably hoping for my capture. I sighed, resting my elbows on the marble railing surrounding the balcony. I couldn't blame her really. My Father didn't love her like he had loved my Mother, and every-time she looked into my face she was reminded of that fact. I smirked, the thought gave me some satisfaction.

Watching the fires rage down below with indifference, I rested my hand on my cheek and heaved another sigh. Certainly this was the most entertainment I had had in some time. If you could call it that. The balcony doors behind me banged a little in the smoke filled wind that whirled up from the port, bringing with it the taste of ash and fear.