2 months later - Chapter 1

Jake POV -

I was laying in my king sized bed, staring up at the ceiling in silence. I'd just put Legacy down for the night, hopefully she won't wake up every hour screaming like last night.

I was tired, but I couldn't sleep. Maybe I'll just make something to eat and watch tv. I pushed myself off the bed and practically dragged my way to the kitchen.

I made myself a sandwich then sat myself down on the couch, grabbing the small remote beside me. The lullaby channel. Fuck sake. I didn't put this shit on for Legacy, I usually just hum or sing something to her. 

I sighed and flicked through the many channels until I found some kind of Thriller movie. Looked pretty good I guess.

Just as I took a bite from my sandwich my cell phone started to ring. Typical. 

I took out the phone from my pocket and answered it without looking at the caller ID. "Yeah, Hello?" 

"Hey Jake! How're you doing buddy?" It was CC. 

"Uh yeah I'm fine, just put Legacy to sleep." I answered before taking another bite of my sandwich.

"Aw that's good, Do you mind if I come over for a bit?" 

"Sure that's fine, we can watch a movie or something I guess. Can't be too loud though, I actually want her to sleep for a good couple of hours." 

"Not a problem. I'll pick up some pizza and a movie on my way over. See you in 20 minutes" and with that he hung up.

CC had been coming over here a lot lately, which I didn't mind of course. I could certainly use the company right now. 

It was nice because it got my mind off shit and I could just relax and not have to worry. Kinda like when Jinxx was still aroun----- fuck.. stop. The more I think about him, the worse I get. 

I have to keep my mind off him. It's better for me and Legacy. She doesn't need my negativity.

I stood up and threw the rest of the sandwich away before cleaning up the apartment quickly before CC would show up.

I was about to sit back down when I heard the front door open. I appreciated that instead of a loud knock on the door which would have woken up Legacy for sure.

"Hey dude" CC said happily as he entered my apartment, holding two boxes of pizza with 3 dvd cases on top.

I took the pizzas on him and placed them down on the coffee table. 

"Would you like a glass of wine?" I asked him as I walked over to the kitchen door. 

"Yeah that'd be great" he nodded as he put one of the movies on and sat down on the couch. 

I poured 2 glasses of red wine then walked back to CC, handing him one. He smiled as a thank you.

He'd opened the boxes of pizza and was already eating a slice. I took a seat beside him and sipped my wine slowly as the film began. 

"What are we watching?" I asked as I took a slice of pizza. 

"It's this awesome horror movie I heard about a few weeks ago. It's supposed to be really scary." He told me almost acting like a child at Christmas. 

After almost an hour, the movie was becoming more and more disturbing. Not that I was scared, it just made my stomach turn. 

Suddenly I felt a warm sensation on my hand. I looked down to see CC's hand placed over my own. 

"You alright?" He asked and I just nodded quietly before turning my attention towards the movie again.

Then I heard screams on the tv coming from a male actor, it reminded me of the way Jinxx was screaming when--- 

I grabbed my head as I felt a horrible pain. Fuck.. 

CC instantly pulled me over into a hug. 

I started to calm down and my breathing returned to normal. I must have looked so fucking stupid to him.

A blanket was then wrapped around my shoulders as CC pulled me closer, "It's gonna be alright" he whispered to me. 

I rested my head against his chest before slowly drifting off to sleep in the drummers arms.

|| So my last story was much more popular than I expected and I wanted to make a sequel even if it killed me. 

**If you have any ideas of what you'd like to see in this story, please let me know !**

Thanks so much for reading! Next chapter coming up soon!!