Chapter 29

*Narrators POV*

Sadly, this is the last chapter:

"Is that all you found?" JJ asked curiously. "Well, no. I knew that you guys wanted to test to see if Spencer was Henry's father, and- well he's Henry's father," Dr. DeLuca said quietly, to make sure Henry wouldn't hear. As soon as Reid heard this, his face lit up with joy. JJ immediately got up and hugged Reid with a huge smile on her face. "Your a dad, Spence!" She whispered excitedly in his ear. "I'm a dad!" He repeated quietly. Henry watched as the two of them hugged and wondered why they were so happy. "So if that's all you wanted to know, then I think we're done here," the doctor said, interrupting their happy moment. "Yeah, that's it," JJ said, getting up to shake his hand. "Thank you so much for everything," she said as she shook his hand. "Don't thank me, thank genetics," Dr. DeLuca said back to her as he led her to the door. "C'mon Henry, time to go," Reid said, motioning towards the door. Henry happily skipped alongside his mother as she pushed Reid in the wheelchair. As soon as they were finished, JJ wheeled Spence and Henry back to the hospital room. The whole way back, they tried to stay silent, so as not to give anything away to Henry. JJ couldn't help but smile at Reid, and when he saw her smiling, he couldn't help from smiling back. When they got back to the room, Emily was waiting in the chair near the door. "Ah! There you guys are! We were worried when we couldn't find you," Emily said as soon as she spotted the 3 of them. "Don't worry, we're alright," JJ insisted as she pushed Reid's wheelchair next to his bedside. Slowly, she helped him into the bed, and then sat down next to him. Henry followed and sat on JJ's lap. "Where did you guys go?" Emily asked concernedly. "We went to get some- tests," Reid told Emily. "They pricked my arm!" Henry exclaimed, butting into the conversation. He really didn't like bloodwork and wanted to make sure everyone knew it. "Wait... Henry got tests too?" Emily asked, throughly confused. JJ was silent. Slowly, Emily started to understand. "Ohhhhh...." she started to say before she trailed off, "so did you- is he- are they, you know-" "Emily why don't you take Henry to get some lunch so me and Spence can talk," JJ said, quickly cutting Emily, who was at a loss for words. "Can we get a hot dog?" Henry asked Emily as he leaped off the hospital bed. "Of course!" Emily said, getting up and grabbing his hand. Emily took him out the door and shot JJ a look as she was leaving. "So.... What now?" Reid asked as soon as they were gone. "Well, we have to tell him," JJ responded, leaning her head on him. "I know, but- how?" He questioned, running over scenarios in his head. "I guess we might just have to rip off the bandaid, you know, just tell him," she suggested. "I guess that would work. When should we tell him?" he asked. "I think we need to tell him as soon as possible," she suggested calmly. "How are we going to explain this to the team and- and our parents?" JJ asked, suddenly remembering about them. "Like you said, we just have to rip of the bandaid as soon as possible," he repeated back to her. She sighed lightly. It was all a bit overwhelming to her. Sure, it was great news, but it was a lot to take in. Reid was so overcome with excitement that he couldn't even think about anything else. "Can you believe it!? I'm a dad!" He suddenly exclaimed, which made her laugh loudly. "You're a dad, Spence!" She said back to him. "We have a family," he said quietly as he kissed her forehead. She smiled happily when she heard this and hugged him again, and they waited like that until Henry and Emily returned.
*
"I got to have a hot dog and a cupcake!" Henry exclaimed as he burst into the room. When he came in, Reid and JJ were sitting quietly watching tv, and Henry surprised them, causing them both to jump. "Oh my gosh you scared me, Henry!" JJ said to him, sitting up straight in the hospital bed. "Sorry mommy," he said as he bounced into the room, Emily following shortly behind. "Hey, he begged me with those innocent eyes," she said jokingly. "It's okay, he deserves a treat for being such a good boy today," JJ told Emily, who was standing in the doorway. "Hey Henry, why don't you come sit up here," Reid said as he patted on the spot next to him in bed. JJ quickly motioned for Emily to leave the room while Henry was distracted with Spence. She did as told and closed the door as she left. "Henry, me and Spence have some good news for you," JJ started to say as she looked Henry in the eyes. "What is it?" He asked curiously. "Well, um- Spence is your daddy!" She exclaimed, letting it all out "Really?!" Henry asked. "Yep," Reid replied to confirm it. Before JJ had a chance to say anything else, Henry jumped up and hugged Reid. Spence, who was a little confused, looked at JJ for affirmation as Henry hugged him tightly, but she looked confused also. She thought he would take the news differently, but she was glad it went so well. "So is he gonna live with us?!" Henry finally asked excitedly as he broke the hug. "Yeah, he is," JJ told him. "Yay!" He said, now hugging JJ. Reid started to laugh, watching how happy he was. Soon, JJ started to laugh, and then Henry. They were like the perfect happy family
*
From her point positioned outside the door, Emily could hear everything. Instead of leaving them alone to talk, she wanted to listen in on JJ to make sure everything was going okay. When she heard JJ's news, she was shocked. Emily was the one who suggested that Henry might be Reid's son, and she was surprised that she was right. Henry's reaction to it was priceless, and Emily laughed when she heard it. She couldn't stop smiling as she was just sitting outside the door.