Chapter 22

*Narrators POV*

"Spence, I can explain," JJ said quickly as soon as Emily had left room. "Please do explain, because right now I really don't understand what just happened," Reid said angrily as he sat down in one of the desk chairs. She followed him and sat down on top of the desk. Her secret had just been outed and now she really had to tell him the truth, which was terrifying. "Okay, but please don't interrupt me or get mad as I'm talking," she said calmly, trying to get him to look her in the eyes and stop staring at the floor. Reid was furious with JJ because he had no clue what Emily was talking about, but it seemed like a big deal to JJ. She acted like it was the worst thing in the world. Nothing could be that bad, right? "Fine, but you better tell me the truth. I've had enough lies for now," he told her. JJ just nodded and started to explain the situation. "So um, do you remember that time about 7 years ago that we both got drunk and I got a cab for you and we um- we kissed?" She started, carefully choosing every word. He simply nodded his head. "Okay, well um when I said we just kissed... that was a lie. We didn't just kiss, we did more. I don't really remember what we did, but the next morning I woke up naked in your arms. I just thought that we- you know, did it, and I was scared. I didn't think you'd be too happy about what happened, so I just collected my things and left. When you asked about it after that, I just lied," she said as she paused to take a breath. He was trying to understand her story, but he was having a hard time, and that just made him more angry. "Are you kidding me?! You didn't tell me this!" He yelled. "I'm not done!" She said, starting to raise her voice. "I accidentally told Garcia about it, and then a couple weeks ago, she brought it up in a conversation with Emily. Emily brought to the attention that this happened right around the time Henry was conceived, so we figured that there was a chance Henry might be your son. That's why Emily knows," JJ explained. After she was finished, she let out a sigh. It was a relief to finally let it all out, but she was prepared for him to be pretty mad. "You waited 7 years to tell me this?!" He yelled, not caring how loud he was. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wait so long. I just didn't think you'd be too thrilled to know that we had slept together. You have a right to be angry about it, though," she said as she stood up and walked over to him. He still wasn't looking her in the eyes though. It was amazing how fast they could go from kissing to fighting. "I don't even know what to say. I'm just- I can't," he said, now more calm than before. "You don't have to say anything. It's alright to be mad," she told him. "I- I don't know if we can have a relationship after this," Reid admitted quietly. "What?" she said, obviously upset by this. "We just figured out that we'd be good together, and now we can't be because of some stupid mistake" he said to her. "Please don't do this," she begged him. "Don't do what?!" He said, raising his voice again. "JJ, you lied to me for 7 years! How can I not be mad?! You know, ever since I've met you, I've loved you. I may not have known it, but I have. I put those feelings aside so that you and Will could be happy. Once I found out you were pregnant with his child, I pushed those feelings even deeper down. And now, now you finally have those same feelings for me and we can finally be together, and then it just gets screwed up again! I finally had what I wanted, but you screwed it all up by lying to me! And now your expecting me to just forgive you and get back with you! I don't know if I can get back with you, even if I am Henry's father!" He screamed, finally looking up at her. When he did look up, he saw tears staring to form in her eyes. "I'm sorry," JJ said to him quietly. "I know," he said as he stood up quickly and started his way towards the door. "Where are you going?" She asked him sorrowfully. "I'm leaving because I can't stand to be here with you anymore," he said as he exited he room, leaving her alone in the room with tears staring to fall.