Chapter 18

*Narrators POV*

JJ awoke to sunlight pouring into her office window. Oh crap, she thought to herself. She had fallen asleep at the BAU last night. She's fallen asleep there accidentally many times, and it almost always happens in her old office. Then she remembered what happened last night. Will had left her and she broke down in Spence's arms. In fact, she still was in Spence's arms. She checked her watch quickly. It was 6:03 a.m. on Thursday, and she had the day off, which was a good thing. Everyone was exhausted from their last case, and she was really looking forward to getting home. She had really wanted to see Henry as soon as possible because she had missed him while she was away. JJ quickly grabbed her purse and left the office, making sure not to wake Reid, who was still sleeping on the couch. Once she left, she rushed to the elevator, ran to the parking garage, and drove quickly to her mothers house. She really missed Henry and wanted to see him before he was sent off to school. He was still at JJ's moms house because she left him there while she was on the case, but she wanted to bring him home. When JJ got there, he was asleep in bed, and so was her mother. She carefully lifted him up and carried him into the car. Then, she packed his things and left a note for her mom to inform her that Henry was safe. Once she was finished, she drove home and put Henry back to bed. He didn't have to be at school for another 2 hours, and he looked super tired. As she was carrying him to his bedroom, he awoke. "Mommy!" He exclaimed groggily when he saw her face. "Hey buddy, I missed you," she said to him quietly. "I missed you too. Where's daddy?" He asked her. "Let's not talk about Daddy. For now, you need to go back to bed, okay?" She told him while she set him down in his bed. "Okay. Goodnight momma," he whispered to her as she left the room. JJ was so happy to be back at home with Henry. She always had a hard time leaving him for a long case, but it was good to be back. Since she was gone for so long, she had a lot to catch up on. She had to finish up all the laundry, feed Henry's pet fish, and get the mail. The laundry was a pretty quick task, and so was Henry's fish, but there was a mountain of mail waiting for her at the mailbox. When she went to sort through it, she saw something disturbing: the divorce papers from Will. She really didn't want to deal with them or do anything with them yet, but she knew they'd just be waiting there forever if she didn't. Plus, Spence helped her feel a little bit better about the divorce. Looking over those papers didn't seem real to her, but she had to do it. When she got to the end, it asked for her signature. Will had already signed it, and all that it needed for it to be complete was her signature. It took some strength for her to sign it, but she eventually got to it. As of today, she was a single woman. It didn't feel as great as she had remembered it, though; it was a little disappointing. Just as she had finished putting them away, Henry awoke. JJ knew he was awake because she could hear him running downstairs to her. "Mommy your finally home!" He called out as he came downstairs. "Yes I'm finally home, and so are you! Now, what do you want for breakfast?" She asked him cheerfully. "Frosted flakes with milk please," he said as he took a seat at the kitchen table. "Coming right up," JJ said while reaching for the cereal. Henry watched as his mother prepared his breakfast. As soon as she served it to him, he asked her "Where's Daddy?" JJ was dreading this question. She knew it was coming, but she was dreading it. "Um, Daddy's not gonna be around as much. You see, you and Daddy aren't gonna be able to see each other that much anymore," she tried to explain to him. "Okay," he said plainly. He didn't really show any emotion, so JJ found it hard to depict how he was feeling. In fact, he didn't say anything about it for the rest of the morning, so she just tried to ignore the topic. After breakfast, Henry brushed his teeth and picked out some clothes, and JJ helped him. While she was packing his bag for school, she heard a knock on the door. This was strange because they weren't expecting anyone, and most people weren't up that early in the morning. Maybe it was JJ's mother? No, no of course not, her mother had a doctors appointment today. JJ was snapped out of her thoughts by another knock. Whoever was at that door was very persistent. She slowly made her way towards the door and looked in the peephole. It was Spence. She immediately opened the door to see his bright and smiling face. "Hey," she said to him, avoiding eye contact. She still felt a little uncomfortable with the fact that she fell asleep in his arms- again. "Hey... how are you feeling?" He asked quietly. Before she had a chance to respond, Henry ran into the room and spotted Reid. "Uncle Spence!" He exclaimed as he ran over to hug him. "Hey little man," Reid said to Henry while hugging him. "Um, why don't you come inside," JJ said, motioning towards the living room. Henry always seemed to adore Reid, even though they didn't get to see each other that much. Reid followed JJ into the house and onto the couch in the living room, and Henry trailed shortly behind. "So, what brings you over here?" she asked him. "Well, I wanted to talk to you about something," Reid said softly. Henry was sitting on the carpet in the living room, playing with toy cars. He was also listening in on the grown ups conversation, but he was being very discreet about it. "Okay, whatever it is, it needs to be quick because I have to take Henry to school in a couple minutes," she told him. "Momma, can Uncle Spence bring me to school today?!" Henry asked excitedly. "Of course," she answered, without thinking it over. "Okay, perfect," Reid said while starting to smile. "Henry, Uncle Spence and I are going to wait in the car. Don't you think it's time to get your backpack together?" She asked him. As soon as he heard this, he rushed into his room to grab his things. "Cmon, we need to get into the car," she told Reid as she got up. He followed her into the garage and waited as she unlocked the car doors. JJ sat down in the drivers seat, and Reid took the passengers seat. Shortly after they sat down, Henry bounced over to the car with his backpack on. "I'm ready!" He said happily while he buckled his seatbelt. "Okay, let's go," JJ said as she smiled at him.