Chapter 23

*Narrators POV*

Derek had just heard good news from Garcia: Emily was in town for the next week! He missed seeing her, and it would be nice for all of them to get together. Apparently, he was one of the last people to know about it. According to Garcia, Reid doesn't know Emily has arrived, and Penelope sent him on a mission to find Reid and tell him. After searching practically the whole BAU for him, Morgan couldn't find him. Instead of searching a second time, he decided to ask around to figure out if anyone else knew where he was. He wanted to look around the bullpen one last one time before he asked around though. As he was scanning around for Reid, Derek spotted JJ working at her desk in the bullpen. Maybe she knew where Reid was. "Hey JJ!" Morgan called out as he made his way over to her. "Hey," she said quietly, not looking up from her work. "Could you believe Emily's in town?!" He asked her excitedly. "What? Oh yeah, it's great," she said non-enthusiastically. She seemed to be distracted by something, but Derek was too hyped up about Emily to really notice. "Yeah, I know right! I don't think Reid knows yet and I'm supposed to tell him about it, but I haven't seen him. I've checked everywhere but I can find him. Do you know where he is?" He asked her. "He- he went home," she told him, still looking down at her work. "What? He can't just leave like that," Derek said, surprised. "Yeah, well he did," she said to him while letting out a long sigh. Morgan couldn't see her face, but something in her voice told him that something was wrong. "Do you know why he left?" He asked skeptically. JJ was silent. "JJ?" Morgan said, nudging her shoulder to get her attention. "Yeah, sorry, what were you saying?" she asked him while wiping her face. "Do you know why Reid went home?" He questioned as he tried to move closer to her. Her body was still facing away from him, a classic sign to any profiler that something was wrong. "Well we um- we had a fight, and he got really mad and just left," she quietly admitted. "A fight? You guys were always so good together. What was it about?" He asked her. JJ was silent again. That's when he noticed the tears on her papers, the sniffling and her shaky voice. He walked over so that he could see her face and his suspicions were confirmed. She was crying quietly so that no one would notice. "Some fight, huh. Are you alright?" He asked her sympathetically. There was no answer, and at this point, it was obvious to Morgan that she was not alright. He pulled her into a hug and tightly wrapped his arm around her, and she wiped her eyes to try and stop more tears from falling.
*
"Oh Derek!" Garcia called out as she blindly walked into the bullpen. Uh oh, JJ thought to herself when she heard this. Her and Garcia were fighting and she didn't want a confrontation to arise and make things worse. Garcia didn't notice JJ at first, but as she came closer, Derek released JJ and Garcia spotted her. "Oh.... You're with JJ. Never mind then..." Garcia said when she noticed JJ. "What was that about?" Morgan asked as he watched Garcia walk away. "We had a fight too," she admitted sheepishly. "You're picking fights with everyone today, huh?" He said playfully in an attempt to cheer her up "I guess so," she said, still distracted by Garcia. "Hey, um, I gotta go," JJ said as she walked away from Derek. "Okay, I'll talk to you later," he called out to her. By the time he had finished his sentence, she was halfway to the elevator and chasing after Garcia's high heels. JJ was determined to make up with Garcia today. She had burned enough bridges today and she didn't want to burn anymore. She ran after Garcia, who was headed on to the elevator. Just before the doors closed, JJ squeezed into the elevator. The only person in it was Garcia, so she could get a chance for some 1 on 1 time with her. At first, Penelope didn't notice that JJ was in the elevator with her because her back was turned away from Garcia, but then she finally noticed the notorious blonde hair. Garcia didn't want to fight any longer, and neither did JJ. "If you're here to tell me 'I told you so,' then don't bother," Garcia finally admitted. "Listen, I'm sorry about earlier. You were right, and I don't want to fight any longer," JJ said as she turned to face her. "Okay good, because I don't want to fight either. And I'm sorry that I was so pushy. It's your decision and I wouldn't blame you if you didn't want to tell him," Penelope said. "No, no, no, you were right about it. I should have told him earlier, it just made him more angry to wait and tell him," JJ insisted. "I finally told him and about it and he got so angry that he left the BAU," JJ told her friend. "What? Are you okay?!" Garcia asked, expressing concern. "Yeah, I'm fine," JJ lied. "Okay good. I missed you," Penelope said as she put her arm around JJ "Even though we just saw each other this morning," JJ said sarcastically as they exited the elevator.