Chapter 16

*Narrators POV*

Their case in Iowa was not quick. They were there for over a week, and JJ had to call her mom to make sure she was okay with taking Henry. That made her mother question JJ even more about Will, so JJ just had to keep on lying. When they got back the next week, it was Wednesday night. The team had Thursday off because of their long case, but some of them had to fill out a lot of paperwork to make up for the time they had missed, so they had to stay at Quantico a little longer. JJ hadn't told her mother she was back yet, so she assumed that her mom would be able to watch Henry until she finished her work. It was about 8:30 at night and JJ had just started her paperwork, so it was gonna be a while. She usually liked to do the work at her desk because she had a good view of everyone passing through the halls and by the elevator. Every once in a while, she would look up and check to see who was walking by. After finishing some of the paperwork, she looks up and is startled by what she sees. Will starts to walk out of the elevator and into the bullpen. What the hell is he doing here, she thinks to herself. She can't tell if she's more surprised or angry to see him there. He kind of walked out on her the other day and she wasn't really to thrilled to see him. She actually wasn't planning on seeing him for a while. Putting that aside though, she had to get him out of the bullpen before anyone saw him or started taking to him. The last thing she wanted was for him to talk to anyone she knew and talk about their fight. JJ quickly got up and walked over to him. He saw her coming towards him and stopped in his tracks. When she approached him, she grabbed his arm and dragged him into her old office without a word. She slammed the door shut and locked it. "Why are you here?" She asked Will angrily as soon as the door was shut. "What do you mean 'why are you here?'" he asked loudly as JJ closed the blinds to the office. "I mean, why did you come to my work? I thought you were mad at me and you were going to leave?!" She questioned while pacing back and forth. She had to admit, she wasn't very happy to see him or talk to him. "Yeah, I am mad at you! For gods sake Jennifer, you slept with another man and didn't tell me!" He yelled, suddenly loosing his cool. The use of her full name startled her. "You don't know the whole story!" She screamed at him, ignoring how loud she was. She didn't care that she was at work because practically no one else was still there. "No, I know the whole story! You slept with the genius 'Dr. Spencer Reid,' and you didn't say anything about it! And now your telling me that my child might not even be my child?!" He screamed at her as he leaned against the wall. They were both furious with each other at this point. "You're angry at me, I get it! Why'd you come here, though, in the first place?! If your just here to yell and scream, why'd you come here?!" She yelled. She stopped pacing to look him in the eye, and that's when she smelled the alcohol. The scent was all over his clothes, and she was surprised she hadn't noticed it before. It was overwhelming, the smell. "Wait a minute, are you drunk?!" She asked him loudly. He didn't respond and just stared ahead, ignoring the question. "You wanna know why I'm here?! I'm here because I want to end our marriage! I'm done with you and with this. I'm done. I don't want to be the father of a kid who may not even be mine. I want a divorce!" He shouted, suddenly becoming serious. That hit her like a truck. Even though she wasn't totally in love with him right now, it didn't mean she wanted a divorce. She had to admit, she wasn't too happy about all the fighting going on with them lately, but she didn't want him to leave. JJ just stood there, frozen. She was about to loose her husband and maybe even her son's father and all she could do was stand there. Will didn't say another word and just sat there for a minute, waiting for her to do something, but she didn't do or say anything. Suddenly, out of nowhere, she snapped. "Get out!" She screamed at him. "Get out now!" She yelled as she walked over to the door to open it. Will followed her orders and left immediately.