Chapter 28

*Narrators POV*

The next day, JJ, Reid, and Henry went straight to the geneticists office. Reid had to be brought up there in a wheelchair because he was still a little weak from his accident, but Henry thought it was cool and he got to wheel him around. When Herny asked where they were going, JJ simply told him that they were going to get some tests. Their doctors name was Dr. DeLuca. He said that he only needed blood samples from Henry and Reid, and then they would do a simple paternity test. Herny squirmed a little while they were taking his blood, but Reid held his hand. That made them both feel better about it. When they were finished, they waited in the waiting room. Reid parked his wheelchair next to a chair for JJ to sit in. Henry mindlessly played with some toy trucks on the rug while JJ and Reid talked quietly. "So how do we tell him the truth if we find out your his dad?" JJ asked Reid softly. "Honestly, I don't know. I think we just have to see how he reacts to the news and go from there," Reid responded. "What about if your not his real father?" She questioned again. "Well, I'm still gonna be in his life a lot, so we're gonna have to explain to him why. But I'm gonna spend so much time with him, and I plan on turning into his dad someday," He said with a smirk on his face. This made JJ smile, and she kissed him lightly. "Aaawwww, Momma and Uncle Spence are kissing!" Henry said as he watched the two of them. Henry!" JJ scolded him and he went back to playing. "That's weird," she said as she turned to Spence. "What's weird?" He asked her quietly. "Whenever me and Will would kiss in front of him he would say 'ewww,' but now he's saying 'awww,'" JJ told him. "Maybe he's just getting older?" Reid suggested as he grabbed her hand and squeezed it tightly. "Yeah, I guess so," she replied, shrugging it off.
*
The 3 of them waited for the results in the waiting room for another 20 minutes before the doctor came out. "Reid," Dr. DeLuca called out, scanning the waiting room for them. JJ stood up immediately because Reid needed to stay in his wheelchair, and she grabbed Henry's hand. "Follow me," Dr. DeLuca when he finally spotted him. They followed him down a long hallway and into the office all the way at the end. It was a large office, with a desk, a few chairs, a filing cabinet, and a rug with some toys in the back, of course. "Have a seat," the doctor said, motioning towards the chairs in front of the desk. Reid wheeled himself over to the desk and waited for JJ to follow. "Henry, you go sit on that carpet and play over there, okay?" JJ told Henry as she let go of his hand. She didn't want him to overhear any of the conversation. "Okay," he responded cheerfully as he walked over to the rug. Then JJ took a seat in the chair next to Reid, and Dr. DeLuca sat on top of the desk casually. "So, I have the results of the paternity test," Dr. DeLuca said carefully, "Do you want to hear them?" he continued. Reid shot JJ a quick glance, and she gave him a look of approval. "Yeah, I think we've waited long enough," Reid said sarcastically. "Okay, so you and Henry are the same blood type, and you both have high cholesterol, which is just a normal thing that we can test for with the paternity tests," the doctor said before pausing. "Is that all you found?" JJ asked curiously. "Well, no. I knew that you guys wanted to test to see if Spencer was Henry's father, and- well he..."

To be continued.....