Chapter 14

*JJ's POV* just cause why not

Spence kept staring at me. It was kind of creepy. His eyes followed me as I set my stuff down on my desk. He soon followed me to my desk, still staring. He stood a couple feet away from me, just watching, smiling. It was really starting to creep me out, and, it kept reminding me of that night 7 years ago. I couldn't have him staring like that, not with all that has happened between us. "What?" I asked him, a little annoyed. He was startled by this, and nervously walked away without saying a word. Since when was he so sensitive? All I said was "what," and he walked away. Whatever. The beginning of the day was my time to catch up on paperwork, and since I came in a little late, I had a lot of catching up to do. I didn't want any more distractions from Spence, so I decided to go into Garcia's office with my paperwork. Hopefully she wouldn't nag me about talking to Reid. When I walked into her room, she was pacing back and forth. She immediately stopped pacing and froze when she saw me. "Look, it wasn't my fault, it just slipped, and this is really important, and I want him to know, and I didn't mean to say that, but I just could help myse- I'm sorry I get so involved," she said to me quickly in a panic. I had no clue what the hell she was talking about, so I dropped my stack of paper work on her table and sat back in one of her spinny chairs so I could think for a second. "Garcia, what are you taking about?" I asked her, throughly confused. She didn't respond, though. "Penelope, what is this about?" I asked her again, more firmly this time. She sighed and looked me in the eyes. "In an attempt to get you and Reid to talk, I told him that you had feelings for him. Before you freak out, though, let me explain" she said softly. Great! Now I had more problems to deal with. If she hadn't said that last part, I would've gone off at her, but instead, I let her continue. "JJ, this thing between you and Reid is serious now. You guys need to talk about it. This involves your son and this is important to him. Henry needs to know who his real dad is, and you and Reid need to talk about what happened. I knew you wouldn't be that eager to talk to him, so I had to get him to talk to you some way. Plus, I think you really do have some feelings for him, even if they still need some growing to do," Garcia explained to me. She did make some good points. This was an important part in Henry's life, and we did need to know. I probably wouldn't have talked to him also, but she didn't need to tell him that last part. I just shifted uncomfortably in my spinny chair because I didn't know what to say to her. "Garcia, you shouldn't have told him that. It's not right, to lie to him like that and almost let my secret go," I told her. "JJ, I wasn't lying to him. I know you have some feelings for him, your just denying it. I know it," she insisted. Maybe I did had feelings for him a long time ago, because after all, we did sleep together. I couldn't have possibly still held onto those though, right? I couldn't possibly still have feelings for him...
*
After finishing my paperwork, we had a case that we needed to get to. When I stepped into the conference room, I was the last one to arrive, and the only open seat was next to, guess who, Spence. Today was not a good day for me. With all that's happening at home with Will, I really didn't want to talk to him. The good part, though, was that Spence didn't really try to talk to me, he just stared at me again with that adorable little smile on his a face, even though it was kind of creepy. Wait, did I just say that his smile was adorable? Well, technically I didn't say it, but I thought it. Maybe Garcia was right. We did always have a thing together, me and him. Before I knew it, I was lost in thoughts and dreams about him. Maybe I did still have some feelings for Sp- "JJ," Morgan said, interrupting my thoughts. "JJ," he said again, this time shaking my shoulder. "Hmm? What?" I responded, trying to play off my daydreaming. I finally looked around he room, and realized that the whole team had left. I was so lost in my thoughts I didn't even notice the case briefing was over! "What's going on with you and pretty boy over there?" He asked me. Wait, how the hell did Derek know?! Okay, now I was even more confused than before. Penelope must've told him! Maybe he didn't know the whole story, though. Maybe I should just act like nothing's happened. "Wh-what are you talking about?" I asked him nervously as I looked in his direction. I was still sitting at the conference room table, and he was standing by the door, leaning against the frame. "Yeah, I saw you and Reid eyeing each other. You guys were just staring at each other for practically the whole meeting. You didn't even realize we were finished," he said with a chuckle. I was relieved Derek didn't know the whole story. He actually knew nothing. "Derek, it's uh, nothing. It's nothing, I just have a lot going on right now," I told him. "Alright, well if you think those stares are nothing," he said laughing as he left the room. As soon as he was gone, I let out a deep sigh. Ever since yesterday, I've been really distracted and stressed about the situation with Reid and Will. For now, though, I had to forget about it and call my mom to tell her she has to watch Henry while I'm on a new case. She was more than happy to take him, but she kept asking me why Will couldn't take him. I didn't want to have that conversation with her, not yet at least, so I just lied about it. After I had gotten Henry taken care of, I grabbed my go bag and rushed quickly to the jet. I was almost positive Hotch said wheels up in 10, and that was at least 15 minutes ago. When I burst through the door to the jet, everyone stared at me, again. I had had enough of the staring for today though. "What?" I asked them impatiently. I was in a sour mood today. "You're late," Rossi said calmly. "Sorry," I responded, still standing in the doorway. "Have a seat," Hotch said firmly, as if I hadn't just snapped at the whole team. I chose a seat next to Kate, as far away from Spence as possible, and just listened as Rossi and Morgan argued over something random. I could tell that this week was going to be a long week...