12~ first run

Taylah's pov.

My legs were a little sore and my heart beat was fast. We have been running for about 3 hours and I have learnt how to cut the ivy while running, mapping everything and memorizing.

All of it was easier the more I did it. Minho looked impressed, I kept the same pace as him but sometimes I was going faster. I was able to steady my breathing but the only problem was that I was starving.

After another 10 or so minutes Minho finally stopped running and sat down. I guess it's lunch time thank the gods. I sit down and lean on the hard Maze walls and I took off my back back then my sandwich.

We were eating I'm silence until Minho spoke up " you know most of the other runners have never gone this good in their first day they would be dying by now" I stand up and give him a sarcastic bow. He rolls his eyes and start to speak again.

"So you and newt huh?" he says while taking a gulp of his water. "What did you guys do last night?" while wiggling his eyebrows. Omg does this boy ever stop with the sass.

"All we did was talk, kiss and cuddle so don't be expected babies okay?" I joke "oh god Taylah I don't want any mini you and Newt running around here!!" he says dramatically.

I told him that they would be able to run faster than him. He rolls his eyes and says that it's time to start running again. I jump up pack everything and start running again.

Newts pov.

I was truly to concentrate in doing the gardens but I couldn't focus. All I could think about was Taylah. Is she OK? What is something happened?! I was bloody freaking out inside.

Alby came up to me and pulls me away so the other shanks couldn't hear our conversation. "Newt, she is fine trust me she will come back OK?" Alby says sternly and pulls me into a brotherly hug.

I pullpull away and give him a small smile saying thank you. He walks off and I get back to work. Taylah, Minho and the other runners will be back here's in a few minutes hopefully. I bit my lip and try not to think about it.

I hear loud footsteps behind me and I don't bother to look around. "Taylah obviously won't make it she is a girl she has probably already gotten stung by a griever. She deserves it anyway I would throw her at a griever myself," says a loud voice I know all to well.

Gally! I see from the corner of my eyes gally and his friends laughing. He obviously wanted to hear to piss me off and it bloody worked. I threw the shovel to the ground and my blood was boiling by this point. I stomped up to his trying to control my anger.

"Don't like what I'm saying? What are you going to do about it?" he taunts getting on my face. He was taller than me but that didn't stop me. He was trying to intimidate me and it wasn't working.

"Shut the bloody shuck up Gally before I throw you in the slammer you worthless pile of klunk" I scream beyond pissed grabbing eyes over to Gally and I.

"Newt just except the fact that you annoying horrible girlfriend is dead and that's the way it should be!!" he says smirking.

THAT'S IT!! Screw the rules. I give him a full blown punch into his jaw and jump on top of him punching him a few times. By then his nose was bleeding and his mouth but he was used to taking hits. He grabbed my shirt and went to throw me but I wasn't budging.

He rolled so I was on the bottom on the weak side. He sat on top of me and gave me a good hard hit to the face that caused my nose to bleed a little but I didn't feel the pain.

"she's dead just accept it," I hear Gallys voice repeat in my head. That gives me motivation and I pull my knee up and hit him right in the jaw and that caused him to roll off of me am I quickly jumped on him.

Taylah's Pov.

I run out into the glade with a smile on my face because I accomplished something and I was quiet proud and so was Minho. I was sweaty but I brought deodorant so I didn't smell.

My eyes race around the glade to try and find Newt. Where is he? I spot a big guy on the ground with blood pouring out of his nose and a smaller dirty blonde haired boy on top of him. HOLY SHUCK!! It's Newt!! I bolt over to them and I recognize Gally at the bottom. I have never seen Newt this angry and I'm guessing neither has Minho because his eyes were wide and he stood there in shock.

Some of the other gladers were running over but I was closer. I was nearly in front of Newt when he was about to throw another punch I grabbed his hand and he looks at me his eyes dark and cold.

His eyes soften as soon as he seen me but that also gave time for Gally to do something. He grabbed my hair and pulled me down on the ground bit I karate chopped him in the throat. Newts eyes were wild and he was furious at Gally because of what he just did to me.

Gally was choking for air but he would be alright. The other gladers got there and started checking on Gally because he was pretty beat up. I don't know what gally did but Newt obviously wasn't dealing with it.

Newt had blood on his face and a few cuts and bruises but nothing bad. He lent out his hand offering me up and I gladly took it. I brushed off the dust and Newt pulled me into a massive bear hug.

I take in his scent and it instantly calms me. We break apart and I pull him into a passionate longing kiss. We break apart for air and I see the Med jacks drag Gally away. Alby storms up to newt and asked what happened.

I pull Alby away and start to speak "Look I know you know there is a good reason for Newt acting out but can I go fix Newt up then you can ask him but in the mean time you can go ask Gally?" I say exhausted from the long day. He thinks then slowly nods and walks off looking stressed. I grab Newts arm and drag him off into my room and grab everything I need to fix him up.