16. With you

Usagi groaned with pain.

"Mamo...?" Usagi opened her eyes. In front of her was Mamoru placing a tuxedo, hat, and mask on a table beside a bed. He had no expression on his face as he looked at Usagi.

"Tuxedo-" Usagi realized who he really was, not doubting that he knows her identity either. She felt her pain crawl roughly up her spin, and she flinched.

"Lay down. You'll hurt yourself even more." Usagi hesitated, but finally agreed with a nod. She stared at Mamoru quietly noticing his normal mature, but cute personality changed to serious, and emotionless.

"You know don't you." She whispered.

"Yeah, same as you?" He questioned while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Mhm." Usagi answered. As the air grew awkwardly silent Usagi had to ask, "Are you our enemy?"

"Depends if your looking for the Legendary Silver Crystal."

"We're protecting it." Usagi told. They used to be so childish, and happy toward each other, but they suddenly became serious.

"I see... Then apparently we are." He whispered.

"-We don't have to be," Usagi rose her voice, "We don't have to be enemies..." She softened her tone.

"I need the Legendary Silver Crystal. In order to restore my memories, and I won't let anyone get in my way. I'd kill." Mamoru sounded as if he was laying down a threat.

"Mamo, we-"

"We aren't allies." Mamoru snapped. His brain filled suddenly with the memory of Usagi from earlier. Her scared face, full of tears, as she pleaded for happiness.

"I understand. You need your memories back, and that's important to you," Usagi stood to her feet leaving Mamorus bed, "I'm protecting the Legendary Silver Crystal, but I will protect you too. We'll find another way."

"Usa-"

"You may see me as an enemy, but I will always see you as my friend, and a hero. I'm with you even if you aren't with me." Usagi said solemnly, her intentions true. There's no way she would think otherwise. She was confident in her decision. Mamoru stood with a shadow covering his face.

"This isn't what you want. This isn't what happiness is right?" He whispered. Usagis eyes widened, "You might as well give up. You aren't happy being the hero everyone demands you to be." Usagi slowly left the bed. Mamoru flinched slightly as she stood weakly to her feet. Quickly getting back her balance she walked toward the door. He rushed over putting his arm in front of her, punching the wall. Her unable to pass, "Usagi." Usagi looked him straight in the eyes.

"Get out of my w-way Mamoru." She stated as she swiftly went under his arm, grabbed the handle, and left.

-

"We've been worried." Makato commented as she cleaned the tables at her shop.

"I didn't mean to put you guys in that position.." Usagi began, "I didn't mean for you to be so concerned... I'm terribly sorry."

"You were scared?" Makato asked, and Usagi nodded slightly, "We are too." Usagi looked at Makato with wide eyes.

"You mean you're-"

"We didn't decided to do this, we're scared, and we wish to go back to our old lives, but we are allowing it since it's our destiny." Makato looked at Usagi with a weary expression.

"You're all frightened, but you still take it head on?" Usagi looked guilty.

"We all want to help people, you do too." Makato insured, "You want to protect the people precious to you. We all see it." Usagi looked at her feet confused, "that's why we chose you to be our leader. Because you have this light, this confidence, and love that we lack. You may not see it now, but you have it."

"You have all of that too, Makato. You're all brave, bright, and full of heart." Usagi told, "I may be the leader, but I can't do this without any of you. We're a team." The two smiled at one another.

"Let's fight together." Makato said with cheer. Usagi nodded. She doubted everything before, but so did her friends. They were all in the same boat.

-

"Usagi said she wanted happiness. That she didn't have any happiness after she became Sailor Moon. Yet she still is willing to fight as Sailor Moon. And after I told her... I'd kill anything or anyone in my way... That I'd win. She said she'd fight beside me..." Mamoru whispered to himself as he gently placed his mask on the arch on his nose. He stared at himself in the mirror seeing the mask cover his identity, "She'd still be my... Friend..."