Prologue-Chapter One Hide and Go Seek

Thank you so much to the original author of Supernatural Abilities, Upthere a.k.a Shay. It took the title of the book alone to get me hooked. I want to thank her especially for giving me the opportunity to write about Supernatural Abilities from another perspective. I tried to make her version clash a bit with mines. That way you got some idea of what it was like from another view point. I hope you guys love it. Thanks again Shay. <3.

Supernatural Abilities

Ghost

Prologue

Photo of the Cast in the Sidebar...

I was 6 when my dad decided to abandon my mom and myself. I watched as he packed his things and left. That night my mom and I also packed and then in the morning we were on the road to my grandma's in New York. The ride out of Philadelphia was depressing. Every nook and cranny reminded me of my family; well, when it was a family. We arrived in Syracuse during the winter meaning we were caught in snow and we made a stop at a Bargain Mart. That was a bad idea. One of the muggers grabbed my mom and took her to the back of the store while another kept me quite and trapped in the car. All I heard was gun shots to know that it was all over.

They ran off and I hopped out of the car and ran to the back of the store. I dropped to my knees before I could even get to her body. "Mama..." I choked back tears saying through a whisper. I crawled over to her body and hugged her head onto my lap as tears streamed down my face. She coughed up blood and her last words would forever be engraved in my heart. "I love you Ghost." She said and slowly her eyes closed and she died. I screamed at the top of my lungs and everything around me and my lifeless mother went exploding and flying into the air like one big telekinetic explosion.

I was 6 when my mom died by the barrel of a gun and that very day I came to a conclusion that I was different. There was more to the reason why and how she died and only with further investigation was I going to find out the truth.

-------------------------

"Young man get down here or you'll be late for school." My grand grams called from down stairs. I sighed rolling my eyes putting away my journal and grabbing the locket I got from my mom's dead body the day before she was dressed and prepped for her funeral. I cried that day and spent countless numbers of hours speaking to her. "I start school in a couple of weeks." I remembered saying to her smiling while a tear rolled down my nose from holding my head down while mustering up my pride and courage. I was the splitting image of her and her hazel colored eyes.

I snapped out of the memory and gave myself one more look see in the mirror to find that no matter how hard I tried, the sadness wouldn't fade away in my eyes. I grabbed my jean jacket and tied it around my waist. It complimented my green V-neck and black skinny jeans with black boots. I grabbed my brown satchel and ran down stairs to where my grand grams stood with her arms folded. "Somebody is a bit too feisty." I joked. She scrunched her eye brows together; meaning she meant business and grabbed her keys. I snatched the aluminum foiled plate from off the kitchen counter that contained the breakfast I wouldn't have been able to eat and we went out to the car.