Chapter 26

Buzzzz Buzzzz Buzzzz

I slapped the off button on my Alarm clock and tossed the covers aside. Jumping out of bed, I went to my closet to pick out some clothes for school. I grabbed a black baggy hoody, a white tee, some loose denim jeans and my run down Converse.

I grabbed my outfit and headed to my restroom. After a shower and my normal morning routine, I picked up my fake braces and glasses off of my dresser and headed downstairs.

Once I got downstairs I smelled breakfast. I looked around the kitchen and saw my daddy cooking. "Daddy? When did you get here? Where's Hunter?" I said as I gave him a big hug and sat at the Island. I noticed he had a big nasty cut on the bridge of his nose.

"He is in the shower and I got here last night. You were out like a light. Hunter must've heard me come in because he hit me in my face with one of your mother's purses." He said chuckling.

I sighed in relief that he was okay. Then I thought about what he said and laughed. "You didn't hurt him did you daddy?" I said as he sat a plate in front of me. "No baby girl he's okay. I did pushed him not to much to make him fall though." I laughed and Hunter came in the kitchen looking embarrassed.

"Good morning Agent Thorne, Morning Sammy." He sat beside me and I said, "Morning." Dad sat a plate in front of Hunter and one for himself as he sat aswell. Hunter never looked up as he ate in silence. Guessing dad felt the tension as well as he shook Hunter's shoulder. "Hunter it's fine, I'm not mad at you. You did what I wanted and kept my baby girl safe. That's all that matters, Alright? And don't call me Agent Thorne outside of work." Hunter nodded looking relieved.

"Hey dad? Where's mom?" I asked looking puzzled. He looked uneasy and sighed. "She went to work earlier this morning. I haven't heard from her though. She called and I was asleep so I couldn't answer. But I called twice and she hasn't answered. Probably busy. Knowing chief he may have dropped a lot of paper work off at her desk." He said and chuckled at the end.

I sighed hoping my mother was okay. She's not much of a morning person so hopefully that's what's wrong. I grabbed my plate and put it in the sink. Grabbing my keys and a water bottle I headed for the door. "Are you driving your car or riding with me?" I asked Hunter. He looked at me like I was crazy. I forgot he'd take his own before my soccer van. I was laughing as I said my goodbyes and headed to my van. Ugh I'd be glad when I don't have to hide anymore well. Actually I don't have to hide. But during this mission I choose to because the mystery man would NOT get away with this.

I Crunk up my van as I called Alex and I put Amy on threeway. As it dialed I saw Hunter leaving the house looking victorious. Every since my dad said he was proud, that smile hadn't fell off of Hunter's face yet. I'd smack it off.

I snapped out now my thoughts as I heard yelling... What?

"Samantha!" I laughed as I forgot I was in the phone. "Yea? Sorry guys anyways do you want me to come pick you guys up or do you have a ride?" I said as I backed out of my drive way honking at Hunter. "Im driving my Motercycle So go ahead I'll see you guys there I have to make a few stops. I'm already driving." She said and hung up. I understand why she hung up because that's more dangerous than driving just a car and on the phone.

"What about you Alex? You okay?" I said as I was about to turn on her street. "Yes Sebastian said he'd get me. So I guess I don't need a ride." I did a U-turn and headed for school. Glad I woke up earlier than usual, otherwise I'd be late. We said our goodbyes and hung up.

5 minutes later I pulled up at the school and got out. "Woah Sammy? How come all your friends pulled up in a nice car except you? I mean Amy has a Motercycle, Sebastian has has a Camaro, Hunter has a Range rover... you have a raggedy ass van...? Tsk Tsk tsk. " her and her possy laughed as I rolled my eyes at her childishness and kept walking.