Chapter 8 - Baby Momma Drama

Chapter 8 – Baby Momma Drama

Not one person supported her, including the boy who promised to love her forever. Carey only slept with James once; they both set the date to before the day he left for college. The moment was supposed to strengthen their bond even more and it did. Well, until Carey found out she was pregnant. She hated thinking back to the moment she told James over vid-chat. He had simply formed a frown and ended the call.

 It wasn’t long until his family cut off communication to her. Carey’s own mother simply said get an abortion, but Carey was not going to rid herself of the child she shared with the man she loved. He would accept with they created, she knew James. He was a good soul. She was afraid and sure that explained his reaction. It was six months since she found out and still patiently waited for him to come around before the due date.

She ate lunch at school alone. Nobody wanted to socialize with the pregnant girl. As she sat eating her meal she spotted James’ sister Dora on the other side of the cafeteria eating with her friends. Carey flashed her a smile hoping Dora would respond the same, but her gesture was simply ignored. The interaction cut Carey like a knife and left her in pain. She couldn’t sit and eat anymore; she needed to get some fresh air.

She rushed from the cafeteria to the outside courtyard. “It’s not fair,” She said to herself.

Out of nowhere, Hector grabbed her by the arm and dragged her near the school dumpsters. “Why?”

She fought away from him. “What are you talking about?”

“I don’t understand why you’re trying to destroy my family. Keep your baby momma drama in the trailer park.”

Carey shoved Hector. “Why are you such a prick? Don’t pretend this isn’t your brother’s child, your future niece.”

Hector spun his index finger around his ear. “Chick, you’re loco.”

“Hector please stop with the act. Soon the wait will be over and new member of your family will be born.”

Hector wrinkled his nose and shook his head in disgust. “People like you won’t drag my family down, white trash.”

Carey hated the wait to reunite with her daughter. The bundle of joy seemed to be only person who truly love her. The teen mom found herself on a stairwell heading down to the first floor of the school. Two zombies blocked their way down but they were prepared to fight their way down.

“I’ll get the chick,” Brand said, armed and ready.

“And Carey and I will double team the chunky male,” John said.

The trio charged into battle. Brand managed to easily impale his zombie in the skull with his pencil. The female zombie-student ended up collapsing on Brand and all her bodyweight sent him rolling down the last set of stairs. He took a hard bump that left his ankle in pain, unable to barely move.

Casey and John were doing their best to pin their zombie’s arms against the wall. He was strong and kept chomping at them. The male zombie-student managed to bite a mouthful of Carey’s hair and was pulling her head towards his mouth. John managed to get the upper hand after lots of straining and impaled him with a two pencils he tapped together. The male zombie-students slid down into a sitting position as Carey and John rushed down to a wincing Brand.

John moved the female zombie-student’s body from off top of Brand. “Are you ok?”

“My ankle hurts. I’ll be fine I just need to ice it down.”

Carey looked out the staircase exit door. “The cafeteria is a few feet away, but we’ll have to wait. A group of zombies are lingering near the area but hopefully they’ll roam away soon. Then we can carry Brand over and mark this part of the plan off the list.” Carey sat on the floor with them. “Until then we wait and hope no zombies come downstairs. Waiting sucks.”

A hungry John and aching Brand could only agree with her, the wait was unwelcomed.