2

"So you can sleep in my bed and I'll sleep on the sofa and here are some comfier clothes you can sleep in" Kevin says emerging from his room. "Um I'll take the sofa it's no big deal and thank you" I say looking down at my hands for the hundreth time this hour. "Samantha I don't know your story, but I can promise you I'm not going to hurt you and I will protect you if you let me" he says taking a seat beside me. "Ok. Can I sleep now?" "Of course. Do you want a bigger blanket then this?" he asks holding up a Rays throw blanket. "No that's good" and I take it from him, laying down on the sofa. "Goodnight" "Goodnight Kevin."

Holy shit it's cold. I pull the blanket around me tighter as I see Kevin walk towards the kitchen. The air seems to stop and I smile as he walks by again. He looks restless and he leaves his door open allowing me to see inside without getting up. He walks around a little before coming out to the living room and sitting in the chair beside me. I close my eyes but feel his on me until I fall asleep.

I wake up screaming and I jump off the sofa before I sit down again hoping I didn't wake up Kevin. I see I failed as Kevin comes running in. He runs right to me and I start to cry as he wraps me in a tight hug. "Samantha it's ok. What was it?" "Just a dream. I'm sorry for waking you up." "No no it's ok I'm glad you did" I feel his hand make circles on my back and I continue to cry into his chest. "You need some sleep" he says starting to lay me down. "Can you hold me" I whisper, part of me hoping he didn't hear. "Yes" he says and he lays down pulling me on top of him and I fall asleep to his beating heart, him holding me close.

I wake up and feel awfully cold before realizing my warmth is no longer under me. I sit up and make my way towards the bathroom where Kevin is just leaving. "Bathroom is all yours. If you want a shower there are towels in the closet" he tells me as he pulls on a shirt. "Thanks but I just have to change then I'll be out of your way" "Are you gonna tell me why you were out for a hotel when you have a house to live in?" "Uh maybe one day" I say before quickly darting in the bathroom. I gotta get out of here before I get attached. I can already feel feelings towards him I don't want to feel.