Chapter 28

*Josh pov*

Matt left and I stayed beside Jordyn, holding her hand.

Everything's going to be fine. I'm just over thinking this situation.

I let my head fall into my free hand and held back the two tears that we trying to escape my eyes. This happened so fast, everything was fine and then bam...

I leaned back in the chair and listened to that annoying beeping sound of the heart rate monitor. What if something goes wrong? Anything can happen... I have to stop thinking like this.

I gave up and let a tear fall. I heard a shuffle noise and sat up straight. Jordyn moved her legs just a bit and she squeezed my hand faintly.

"Jordyn?" I rubbed her hand. "Disaster?" Her eyes opened a little, like it was too bright in the room.

"Hi." Her voice cracked and she took a deep breath. "By body hurts." She said with a small smile.

"Oh my god." I whispered and stood up. I leaned down and brushed her hair and kissed her. "I'm so glad you're ok." I smiled.

"You cried." She pointed out. I nodded and kissed her again.

"Of course I did." She smiled.

"I love you." She whispered and closed her eyes again, looking exhausted.

"Let me get a nurse." She nodded slightly and I ran out of the room to the front nurses desk. "Jordyn Prescott just woke up."

"Ok, let me check on her." She stood up and another nurse followed her. I leaned on the door frame, still worried. They checked the monitors and I looked at Jordyn. Her eyes were still closed, taking slow breathes. Everything going to be fine.

I heard a beeping noise that wasn't the heart monitor. I stood up straight and watched the nurses.

"What's happening?" I asked. One of the nurses walked over to me and lead me out of the room.

"I'm sorry, but you can't be here right now." She said. "Can you call Dr. Adams over here?" She said to another nurse that was walking by. That nurse ran behind the desk and did what she was told. The other ran back in the room and shut the door. I sat on the chair and tried to breath. What's happening!?

I took out my phone and texted Matt.

'Can you come to the hospital? - Josh'

'On my way - Matt'

I put my phone down and clenched my fist. It's gonna be ok. I have to keep telling myself this. Matt ran down the hall.

"Josh!" He ran up to me. "What happened?" He sat beside me.

"I don't know... She woke up and the nurse checked on her. There was, like, a beep and they kicked me out." I paused and looked at him. "Dude, I'm freaking out. I can't live without her."

"Don't say that." He said sternly. "Everything's going to be fine." I clenched my jaw.

We sat in the silence with Matt telling me 'it's going to be fine' every now and then. The door opened beside us opened and Matt and I stood up. One of the nurses came out and closed the door behind her.

"Is she ok? What happened?" I asked.

"She's going to be ok," I took a deep breath of relief. "You can't see her today, though. She needs her rest." I nodded.