Chapter 12

*Jordyn pov*

I walked through my front door with a smile on my face.

"You look happy." Mom told me as I walked pass the living room. I stopped and sat beside her on the couch.

"Oh, yea." I looked at my hands and smiled. "Josh asked me out." I looked up to see her reacting. She smiled a real smile but her eyes told me she was worried maybe.

"Well that's good. I'm glad you're happy."

"And?" I said, knowing there's more to it.

"I just..." She paused. "I don't want your relationship to be like your last." I thought about what Shane did.

"Mom, it's not going to be like that. I would ever go out with an asshole like him again." She nodded her head.

"But be careful..." She said with a smirk.

"Mom..."

"I'm being serious. I know you're older..." I rolled my eyes.

"Mom." I tried to interrupt her but she kept giving me the talk. "Mom." I got her attention. "Josh has a purity ring. And I'm not planning on breaking that for him. So unless I marry him, no sex." I said, making my point.

"Oh. But if you guys drink..."

"He doesn't drink." I told her.

"Oh, well." She smiled again. "Then I'm just glad your happy." She hugged me. "What are you doing for the rest of the day?" She asked me getting off the couch and walking to the kitchen to get a drink.

"Um, I don't know." I started feeling more awake, even though it's 4:13. "I think I'm going to call Alex." I started walking up the stairs to my room.

"Say hi for me." Mom said.

"Ok, I will." I got to my room and pulled out my phone. I dialled Alexs' number.

"Jordyn!" She yelled into the phone. I laughed.

"Alex!"

"Felt like I haven't talked to you in forever." She said.

"Yea I know. Oh, my mom say hey by the way."

"Tell her I said hi too. " She gasped. "Did you see Josh again?" I laughed.

"Yea-a-a. He asked me out."

"WHAT!?" She yelled. I pulled the phone away from my ear. "Oh my god! How did he? Did you see him today?"

"Slow down!" I told her. She laughed.

"Sorry. How did he?" She said, exited.

"I went over and when Josh left the room Matt talked to me and said he liked me, then he left and I told Josh I knew. I said if he did ask me out I would say yes. Then... Bam."

"Aww!" I laughed at her reaction. "Were the guys there?"

"Naa, we surprised them by just making out on the couch."

"Oh my god! How was it?"

"How was it?" I repeated.

"Yea! That band has been my crush since 2006, I at least have to know how it was." I laughed under my breath.

"Um... It was good, I guess. I felt happy." I smiled at the thought of me and Josh.

"Yay! Jordyn's happy!" I laughed. "Is he a good kisser?" She asked.