Chapter Twenty-Five

Sam

We arrived at my house, Sierra & Daniel didn't know about the surprise I had planned yet. "So we have only one guest room, if one of you wants it you can have it unless both of you wanna sleep in my room. It's pretty big." I said. "I'll take it." Daniel quickly said. "Guess I'm staying in your room." Sierra added. "No Sam..." My mom began to say. "I know, I know. Don't worry I'll sleep on the inflatable bed." I told her. We went upstairs & unpacked. After we unpacked we all fell asleep. We woke up hours later at around noon. "So what's for lunch?" I asked my mom. "I made you guys sandwiches" she said. "They look so good!" Daniel said as he devoured one. "Geez Daniel, someone's hungry." I laughed. He just gave me a glare, "joking.." I said. "So guys I have a surprise.." I began to say. Sierra hates surprises & so does Daniel so they both instantly got worried. "We are going camping!" I said excitedly. Sierra & Daniel looked at each other, "camping? As in tents.." Daniel asked. "& bugs.." Sierra added. "Yes! It's gonna be fun, we haven't all hung out together in a long time." I said. "I mean.. I'm terrified of bugs, but I'm sure it will be fun." Sierra said. "That's the spirit!" My mom said as she gave Sierra a high five. "so when do we leave?" Daniel asked. "Monday. We are staying there until Thursday." I said. "Today is Saturday.. Any plans?" Sierra asked. "No, just hang out here." I said, just then Emily walked in. "Sammy boy!" She screamed as she hugged me. "I've missed you sooo much!!" I said. "Missed you too! Hi Daniel, & you must be Sierra." Emily said as she hugged her. "Um.. Yes. & you must be Sam's sister!" Sierra hugged her back. "Yes I am! Damn Sammy, who knew a pretty girl could like you?" Emily laughed. "Not funny! Anyway are you going camping?" I asked her. "No.. I'm actually going with my friend to her family's lake house this week. Sorry, hopefully I'll see you before you leave. Nice meeting you Sierra, & good to see you again Daniel." She said then left. "Aw I love your sister, she's so pretty!" Sierra said. "Thank You!" Emily yelled, then closed the front door. We all laughed, " Since there's no plans for today, is there a park we could go to or something?" Sierra asked. "Yes actually there's a carnival going on down the street. You could all go tonight." My mom said. "Yea sounds fun!" Sierra smiled & looked at Daniel. "I don't know. Maybe I'll just stay here & practice some songs." Daniel said. "No you're going." Sierra said. "No." Daniel insisted. "Come on Daniel! Come with us." I begged. "Fine. Just don't act all in love around me." He said then walked upstairs with his lap top. "Who broke his heart?" My mom asked. "Actually.. I kinda did.." Sierra said. "They dated, he's not over her." I told my mom. "I know Daniel is your friend, but did you think it was a great idea to invite your girlfriends ex to hang out with you?" My mom asked. "He said he was fine with me dating Sam.." Sierra told her. "It doesn't seem like he is.." My mom said. "Well hopefully, we'll become close again on this trip." I told them.

Sierra

I went upstairs to check on Daniel. "Hey.." I knocked then walked in. "What do you want?" He asked. "I know you don't like that I'm dating Sam." I said as I sat next to him. "As long as you're happy, I don't care." He said, "you are happy, right?" He asked me. I looked at him for second, "I really am!" I said. "Please go to the carnival tonight!" I begged him. "I don't know, Sierra." He said. "Please, come. For me?" I asked him. "Okay, but I'm basically third wheeling." He said. "No. We are all going as friends, just pretend like Sam & I aren't dating." I said. "I can't do that, or I'll kiss you." He said. Just then Sam walked in, "so.. you're coming?" sam asked. I quickly got up & walked to Sam. "Guess so.." Daniel said. "Um, come on Sam let's go to your room." I gabbed his hand & walked to his room. "He's not over you." Sam said. "I know..." I felt bad. "Are you over him?" He asked me. "Sam. It's been 3 months, of course i am!" I kissed him. I decided to take a shower, then the 3 of us headed to the carnival.

Daniel

Sierra, Sam & I walked to the carnival. Sierra & Sam were holding hands, "we are going to the carnival as just friends, huh?" I whispered to Sierra. "What?" She asked confused. I looked at her hand then she let go of Sam's hand, "oh sorry." She said. "There's a lot of people here from my old school. Maybe I can introduce you to some people!" Sam said. "Yes!" Sierra was excited. Sam walked up to a group of people, "Sam! Haven't seen you in forever, how's Florida?" This boy asked. "Good! Here's my gf Sierra, & my friend Daniel." Sam said. "She's pretty, good job Sam! Nice to meet you Daniel." He said. "& this is my friend Nate Maloley" Sam said. "Nice to meet you Nate." I said as I shook his hand. "Oh & this is Ashley, she's my best friend." Said Sam. Ashely had blonde wavy hair and blue eyes, she was really pretty. "Hi Ashley, it's really nice to meet you." I shook her hand. "I can say the same to you." She said then smiled. "So do the two of you wanna hang out with us?" Sam asked. Ashley & Nate both said yes, then we headed to the food stands. We all ate a hot dog & shared cotton candy. After that we played a few games then walked back home. "I forgot to mention, Nate & Ashley are also going camping with us!" Sam said. "That great! Finally another girl!" Sierra laughed. "Yeah that's awesome." I said then walked up to my room & went to sleep.

The next day I woke up really early at around 6am. Everyone was sleep, but I heard someone use the restroom so I got up. "Good morning." Sierra said as she came out the restroom. "Why are you up so early?" I asked her. "I can't sleep anymore, you?" She asked. "Same.." I replied. "I know it's super early but want to go penny boarding?" I asked her. "Yeah that sounds fun." She said then went to get her penny board. I went to my room & got mine, we quietly walked downstairs & opened the front door. "So where do you wanna penny board to?" She asked. "I know there's a park a few miles that way, it shouldn't be that far on our penny boards." I said. "Okay.. I'll race you!" She smiled then started penny boarding.

I started penny boarding behind her then she fell off. I quickly ran up to her, "are you okay? " helped her up. "Yeah I'm fine, I probably hit a rock or something." She looked at her knee. Her leg was scratched up & bleeding, "it doesn't hurt that bad." She said as she tried to put weight on it. i helped her slowly walk back home. When we walked into the kitchen his mom was up making breakfast. "Sierra! What happened to you?" She asked concerned. "I fell off my penny board but I'm okay." She said. "Daniel can you go to the restroom & get the rubbing alcohol & some cotton balls." Sam's mom asked me. I went to the restroom & got what she asked for. She cleaned up sierras leg & wrapped it. "It should be fine by tomorrow, but for now keep it wrapped so it will stop bleeding." She said. "Okay thank you." Sierra smiled. "So what would you two like for breakfast?" She asked. "Anything is good." We replied. "Eggs?" She asked. "Perfect." I said. Sam came downstairs, "what happened to your leg?" He asked. "I fell penny boarding, it's fine." She said. "Why were you penny boarding so early?" He looked at me. "We weren't tired, so we were gonna go to the park." I told him. We all ate our breakfast then began to pack for the camping trip, which now we were leaving today instead of tomorrow.