Chapter One

Sierra

Today was my last day here in Texas. My dad got a job promotion & it was in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. We move around a lot, almost every two years. This time it was permanent, which i'm kind of excited about.

"Sierra & Kobe don't forget to pack when you get home!" my mom yelled from the kitchen. Today was the last day of school for us, I quickly got dressed then headed downstairs for breakfast.

"Are you two ready for your last day?" My mom asked us this every time we moved. "I'm going to miss Callie, but at least this time it's m permanent. " I shrugged. Kobe nodded & pointed at me, "I just want to be able to have friends that i don't have to leave." You could tell mom felt guilty, "Things are going to be different this time. I promise." she smiled.

As soon as we arrived at school i was greeted by a hug from Callie, she's my best friend, "I'm going to miss you so much!" we both said. "I can't believe you're moving to Florida." she frowned. "We knew this was going to happen, we have to make the most of today." i smiled.

We spent every second of the school day together until the last bell. "I promise I'll find a way to visit you this summer. You're my forever best friend, Callie" I hugged her again, & we both began to cry.

We got interrupted by a car honking, it was my mom. "Sierra & Kobe, lets go!" she yelled. "i have to go, don't forget about me!" i hugged Callie one last time. "I would never forget about you." She smiled. I knew that if I turned around to see her it would hurt even more to leave, so I kept walking. Kobe and I got in the car, & didn't say a word. "I know you're sad. But I promise this is the last time we are moving, ok?" She told us then began driving home.

When we arrived home, we both went upstairs and finished packing. Then we loaded all our bags into the car & went to sleep.

The next day, bright and early, we began our drive to Florida. It was a bitter sweet start to a new life.