Chapter 9 - That Wasn't It - Part 2

Somewhere deep underground in the Yucatan Peninsula....

"They think they've stopped us." A strange man in a blue cloak said. "But our demon masters live on. Their forces are still as strong as ever." Around him, people worked on different computers. At the center of the room stood an unfinished portal.

"They think we don't know the first thing about making a portal from scratch. That we are all mindless killers who worship these creatures. It is the demons who will worship us for freeing them. We will be kings to the world and all who live in it....including the demons." He continued.

"A new age is beginning....the age of the Blind Eye." He pointed to cages of monsters from St. Louis roaring in protest. Behind him, a blob of translucent, green flesh with bug eyes and an alien body saluted to him. "Shapeshifter." He recognized it. "How soon can you begin your mission?"

"...Immediately." It hissed. "The Paranormal Investigation and Apprehension Agency will fall under my...command." It laughed maniacally as all screens turned to a picture of the Pines family, the portal, and the location of the PIAA in Seattle.

Shortly after the portal collapsed in the cosmos....

Atbash and Caesar fell face first back into their dimension. The monster army was very weak and wobbled around from the confusion of the portal. "We....failed." Caesar admitted.

"This is all Cryptis' fault! If he hadn't been so adamant on avenging Cipher, we wouldn't be in this mess!" Atbash roared. The monsters, of course, agreed with him.

"Now now, brother. It seems that even though today's battle is a defeat...the war will be a victory." Caesar snarled.

"How can that be?" Atbash asked angrily.

"Because. We've been betrayed by every living thing not here. If we ever go back, and we will, we will cleanse that planet so that only demons and monsters rule it! That includes our idiot brother, Cryptis." Caesar smiled wickedly.

The demon army appeared lead by the council. "You fools!" They yelled in unison.

"How dare you disobey our command!" One yelled.

"You could have doomed yourselves! You already doomed your brother! Our world is not some place that can be opened up like a book to the portals. We cannot trust anything that opens them!" Another yelled.

"We learned a few things. One, you are right. Two, Cryptis is a post-dramatic fool. Three, the earth is no longer protected by the angels. Three, one of the most powerful monster-demon hybrids is posing as one of the only angels we fought." Caesar said. The council looked around at each other.

"Kronos." They said.

"He thinks he's an angel." One said.

"We can show you his weaknesses. If you ever cross paths with him again, which you might if you ever go back, you will know how to kill him." The center figure said.

"We almost killed him. He was very weak when we teamed up against him." Atbash said.

"It was another angel. During that whole battle, we only encountered two angels. One wasn't even an angel, it was Kronos. The other is an angel who has many weaknesses. She saved Kronos from us and made fun of our mother....Poor mummy." Caesar said.

The council didn't know of this angel. Record of any angels coming to earth and living mortal lives is very rare...but they didn't know who she was. "We have come to a new decision." The head said.

"When we have built up our forces again, we shall march through the next portal to open. No earth force can stop us all. We will prevail whether by the loss of one...or many!" This short message somehow influenced the army of monsters and the army of demons to cheer. It wasn't a nice sound. The darkest creatures of the universe all in one spot, cheering for bloodshed.

"This is not the end! We will tear them all apart and the world as well as the rest of the universe....will be ours! And the humans? The angels? What can they do.....but burn?!" His voiced boomed and the armies grew restless. Caesar and Atbash stood together.

"What of Cryptis?" Caesar whispered.

"What of him! We'll kill him if he's not already dead." Atbash hissed.

"Celebrate while you can, Pines. For the future is filled....with death!" The council shouted.

ENJOY THE CALM....BEFORE THE STORM....This isn't the end...