Chapter 5 - From Bad to Worse - Part 2

Pacifica was sitting up against Markus' crib, putting her ear up to the bars. She liked to listen to him breathing when he took a nap. It soothed her herself. She'd opened the strange present that appeared next to him the day Dipper was called to Guam. It was a small sword of some silvery metal lined with an obsidian skeleton. Seemed like too dangerous of a gift for a baby.

She stood up and looked down at the little infant in the crib snuggled up in his blanket. He looked as he sounded, peaceful. She bent over and kissed his forehead. He grunted and shifted to his stuffed monkey. She smiled at him and crept out. She decided it was time to Skype Dipper since he hasn't messaged her and since she was bored.

It rang on her phone for an answer but he never picked up. "He must be very interested in this job. He never misses my calls." She said to herself.

She stopped the ringing and put her phone in her pocket. She sat down on the sofa and turned on the television. A news report spoke of a remote Guam airport terrorist attack by a masked group of people. She gasped and watched as aerial footage of what was once the runway in ruin and on fire.

"No...Please no!" She pulled out her phone again and called up Dipper's boss who assigns him the missions.

"Hello?" His voice asked.

"Yes. This is Dipper's wife. Pacifica Pines. I'm calling to ask you about Dipper's current mission. I need to know if...he's ok and what his mission is about." She said. Tears fell down her cheeks but she spoke calmly.

"Mrs. Pines. I'm sorry. Dipper's been sent to examine a mysterious temple in Guam that the government kept secret for literally the whole time there was a Guam government. Anything that happened, I had nothing to do with. He expected there to be weird stuff but I swear to you. Nobody expected terrorists to attack the place. I haven't heard from him since." He said. "I'm sorry."

Pacifica dropped her phone. It seemed to fall in slow motion as she fell into grief, fearing the worst. "I want him back..." She cried. "I want him here..."

Upstairs came Markus' crying. His crying for her seemed to be getting louder though. Kronos came bounding down the stairs in his human form holding Markus tightly in his arms. "We have to get out of here now, Mrs. Pines!" He yelled. She looked up at him and Markus and got up.

"You? What are you doing with my baby?" She asked emotionally. She grabbed him out of Kronos' hands. "We're not going anywhere with you!"

"Please! Mrs. Pines, you have to believe me. You're all in danger!" Kronos said. "My purpose here is to protect you! And I will do so with or without your approval." He picked her up with Markus in her hands and ran to the door.

"Put us down right now!" Pacifica yelled. Markus cried loudly.

"Both of you be quiet! I'm trying to save your life!" He defended. He kicked the door open and ran out to the car. He shut the door behind and opened the car door. Pacifica fell into her seat with Markus in her lap. Kronos ran to the driver's seat and got in. "Keys?" He asked for impatiently.

Pacifica reluctantly handed them to him and he started the car. "The only reason I'm not calling the cops on you for this is because for some weird, messed up reason....I trust you."

Kronos drove them down the mountain and into the town. "Stay down!" He said as they passed a heavily armored truck with soldiers in and around it in black armor. They eyed him like he was a thick, steaming slice of steak. He played it safe...wait. He was a human in Gravity Falls...he had to act weird. He turned up the radio and started dancing in his seat as stupidly as he could. His face blushed with embarrassment. Pacifica looked up at him very confused. She saw his face and understood that he was embarrassed.

"What are you doing?" She asked him. A smile slightly on her face.

"Blending in to the people of this town." Kronos said as he danced. Pacifica laughed now. Markus coos into her chest for comfort. "Don't tell anyone about this."

"About what? A big baby-loving softie who can dance?" Pacifica said smirking at him.

"I'm not soft." Kronos said. It was hard to believe that when he was dancing. Pacifica laughed harder. Luckily, the truck and soldiers were gone. Kronos stopped dancing and focused on the road. "It's not that funny."

"It's very funny." Pacifica said sitting up. Markus looked up at Kronos. "He seems to like you. You been letting him see you?"

"Uh....Yeah. He's too cute to be just an imaginary friend." Kronos joked.

"....So why did you kidnap us?" She said more seriously.

"The same organization that attacked Dipper is targeting you too. I sense that every one of the Pines family members is in danger." Kronos said looking ahead.

"Can you see if Dipper's alive?" Pacifica asked. "Where is he?"

"Of course. He's....." Kronos stared into space now. "Hang on." He pulled the car to the side of the road outside of town and disappeared.

"Wait!" Pacifica yelled. Too late. He was gone. "What a hero." She said sarcastically.