Chapter Nineteen

What happened to you...?

The sun burns out the morning haze, heating up the house where we begin opening all the windows. We start to bathe in our own sweat and stripping down to our underwear would've just been awkward for Shane, Tori and I.

"Okay, Shane," she begins, my mom, "remember where I kept the money for the week. Don't forget to call tonight or answer your phone and, uh..." She taps her chin, remembering more of her set rules we'll forget soon.

In reply, Shane shakes his head for the umpteenth time, trying to run them out of the house. Mom and dad geared themselves up for week vacation, with dad's impatience running through the sound of his lame old ass car honking. Mom, neither us, can't understand why he keeps the thing around. I know he giddies himself up for when it comes time to pass down the vintage car to me. "I got it, mom."

I'm not using that car when I get G2. I'd look super insane in one of those. Not to mention how annoying mom gets when it breaks down quite often. She always says one of these days it will betray his love.

"Trust me," Shane adds. I can't much relate to how Shane feels, the clear unnerving happiness, to what courses his mind as of now knowing the kind of wild animal his friends made him out to be. Can you believe he used to be so caring and loving and kind? Now he's an assbag, an asscreek, a douchebag asswipe I call a brother who teases Tori and I way too much.

Oh, yeah, Douchebag Asswipe... I like that one. And just because I'm laughing and tend to when he's sick and used to help him with his math homework when I'm the little brother doesn't mean, at all, that I love him or anything. I'm sure all other young brothers and sisters can relate.

Like Leone. Lee beats his ass so many times it's pretty funny. Then there's Levy and Chris who have no siblings and I crave for their luck.

In return, with exasperation mocking Shane, she sighs. She draws her arms around him, tightening her grip it seems. "Take good care of your brother and sister. Don't let them run off without permission or leave them to go with that Maliah girl or I will beat your ass when we get home." Everyone in the house takes her threats seriously.

After all, dad got his ass beat when he failed her simple tasks like washing the dishes and doing the laundry or even trying to rid him of his prime days – the vintage car. No wonder why us three are keen on doing the first two as to not let out asses get the hard, heated lick of her palm – or even worse, the belt, as we've so heard from Shane.

Oh, God. The shivers. Hell no to that.

"How many times have they died on my watch?" he asks her. Like always, he's probably raising a brow at her. They bicker a lot, and most of those banters are playful. So hearing mom's sweet, short lived chuckles assures how right I am. "None. Just trust me, mom."

"That's a bit hard when you party too much with those friends of yours. Like Maliah! Again!" Maliah, at first glance, seemed like one of those preppy girls, ones who raised the stakes of cheerleading and dated jocks. A stereotypical feminine girl. But my, man, she was far from that and I'm not afraid to admit she was a mighty fine beast – according to how Shane describes her. So it's clear they've already done a few things behind closed doors. And for whatever reason, she likes to pinch my cheeks. She's as weird as Tori. "Why can't you be more like Anthony?" I can't deny hearing his name curves my lips, and how many times I blush hiding it only to be caught with both on from Shane.

Imagine if he never made the first move, or if I hadn't liked him, any sort of reference of him wouldn't make e feel some type of way. And I'm glad he did.

I crushed way too hard on that beautiful man. It still puzzles me how a guy like me got a guy like him, who could get girls more freaky like Maliah and guys with a similar frame like him. And as always, I realize how much he adores my personality and it makes sense. For a while, I hadn't realized it until a few weeks ago. Every time I wonder if I love him... or if he loves me but I can't be too sure on how I really feel. What my feelings are.