Chapter Five

When I was younger, just a small tempered child, I thought having a sister, a twin no less, was the best thing I could possibly have in my life. We were the same, confused a lot of adults and I enjoyed her company more than she possibly thought. You could say she was my first best friend, and she was. But now, I wished she didn't exist, and not for the wrong reasons.

Tori's ways of waking up her family consisted of loud noises, her own dreary screams once she realized how tiring it became and the relentless earthquake she made with just her hands. Before, I groaned and tried shooing her away, and my parents tried showering her with little favours they owed, but as the months went on, we became so used to it. I just laid there sleeping.

Well, I tried to fall asleep again. She woke me up when she hit her first pitch and since then I kept my eyes shut and blocked her out meanwhile my parents only got to hear a hushed scratch of it — lucky. I knew she wanted to go somewhere today but I honestly didn't think it'd be so early, as early as the sun felt on my face.

Even so, she never gave up like she never gave up on me. And she never would. No matter how much I found to be an annoyance in my life most of the time, from her little antics of using our friends as my personal babysitters to pressuring me sometimes to find a date, I loved her, nonetheless. I'll never understand why, ha, but it's the way it is.

Life worked out differently for the two of us, despite what our genetic relationship should've said.

I rolled over in bed and faced her, opening my eyes and glared her down heavy. Her eyes calmed in mine and a wide toothed grin etched her lips as she locked her hands over her thighs.

It was still too damn early for this. "May I help you, sister?" If she didn't realize my flat voice then, she'd get earful next time, and it wouldn't be my fault. I'd blame my anger I couldn't control as of yet — not even the meds helped.

"Yes, yes you may, brother dearest." She then straightened her lips and crossed her arms. "Get Yo ass up, Nigguh. Leggo!" I always wondered that one time I hit by accident with a soccer did she somehow came down with a new disease.

She's a woman you didn't want to date. Just saying. "Go where? It's too damn early for this and you never told me."

"Gravity Falls. Did I forget to tell you?" Her dumbfounded looks couldn't lie to me. She purposely forgot so she could wake me up like this. I knew it.

"Yes."

"Oh... then woops. My bad." She chuckled to herself. See? "Well, hurry and get your ass up. My surprise can't wait." She again grinned wide and maybe she was bipolar or something. Still, the new disease or condition was a plausible theory.

Thomas would know.

"Okay, give me a minute."

I groaned again when Tori left and lid straight on my back. Now I knew it was early based on how the sun seeped through the blinds of my window. That and when I checked my phone, the time pushed 9 and one new message from both Thomas and Tori.

The first from Thomas read, Good morning. Just thought I'd tell you that, and the second from Tori was, I'm still waiting. Hurry up, guy!

That girl, man. Her patience ran thin. She needed a life besides me, Thomas and her friends. She needed to get out more find how normal she was supposed to be. But who am I kidding? Normal would never catch up to her so why did I think it was ever going to happen? She was just crazy and if I didn't hurry to brush my teeth and stuff, she'd sure come up here and kick my ass.

Let's not worry about the fact I was bigger than her. When she wanted, if she wanted, the power of being fabulously fierce was stronger than my muscles.