Chapter Fourteen

In the spur of the moment, somehow, someway, through whatever magical Goddess that possessed me, the craziness of the party escalated through the likes of myself, Tori and Mikayla who had a bit more drinks than she could handle.

"I was not that drunk," she wrote and even through the loud cries and cheers around me, I smiled. It carried out on the field before me.

My awkward shell, when Chance came in and kissed me and I changed subjects – tried to – it broke and my butterfly wings opened. Goddess wings sounded more accurate, and fun. I could've said God but it was like, Goddesses are more beautiful and for whatever reason, Chance called me that. Even in my Grim Reaper costume and when I called him a Princess he just beamed with joy. Like what?

In no words could I pinpoint the degree of which his damning grin showed off his confidence and bright, joyful attitude and behaviour. Maybe it was the drinks talking. He broke out of that stage as fast as I did and to see him bring down the house with his boys was not only crazily strange, but awesomely breathtaking in an odd sense.

"You were making out with random guys, laughing your butt off," I wrote back. Then I took a quick shot at Tori who clearly didn't suppress any of her excitement for her man on the field, taking some wins for The Arkham Knights, Henrick's Official Football League.

"Key, den. I was having fun. Nots like I has a boyfriend like yous."

"Looks like that hangover is still with you."

No scares were present, but a whole lot of drinking and games and random, nonsensical acts, I shall not say, were the money shots of the party. Tori wished she brought her camera and captured the moments. It had been a while since she filmed something and eagerly awaited when her professor would give the assignment to do so. But my, oh my were those kids, the same ones plotted through the bleachers, were a bunch of literal wild animals. Even Chance, Chris, Tori and Levy. I never knew how much one could party and how much fun it was. It was like after my shell shed from my skin did they all act like they corrupted me and Tori laughed her butt off, being as drunk as Mikayla.

A few words and they'd both die on the ground.

One thing anybody should learn was that to never be drunk with those girls, even when it got Tori to the point with Chris that night. I'm sure her wild, freaky sex happened when those two secluded themselves from the live dance floor and on upstairs to solitude. Good for her, though, and still weird how we both got our men on the same day. Although calling Chance my man felt... different. Weird. I never really called Leone that before, except maybe a few times just testing the waters to see if I liked it and if he did. Of course he did but I don't know, I felt awkward saying it and now, I warmed up to it with Chance.

Kind of made me feel we were moving so fast. In actuality our relationship changed very little. Picture us as friends but with the romance and intimacy and kissing, strikingly comparable to the likes of Tori and Chris' flirtatious relationship. Though I was a horrible flirt. Like, if I met a guy at a club that I liked and tried flirting with, he'd walk away the second my mouth opened. Yet Chance smiled at every flirt I threw his away and continued doing so.

Also kind of made me wonder if he just pitied me.

"LOL. I'm just playing with you. But no, seriously, Josh and Jared were the drunken ones. Did you not see those two? They dry humped each other, man. Dry. HUMPED," she wrote and my attention quickly snapped back from the standing ovation around me and I stood up abruptly. I peered down on the field and saw my man making a score and then did my hands, much like Tori, flail in the air and our voices streaked the wide air.

Yes, Chance, yes! First Levy, then Chris and now the actual Quarterback. Okay, was this cliché that I dated a Quarterback? I considered that. Then I realized I'd have to be a cheerleader and Tori actually considered that. But nope. I had not much upper strength. I aligned more with a cross country runner. Well my legs did. Maybe I should get back to running. But dating Chance felt like being with a jock in some sort of, out the box, way. And I liked it. A man with brains, a mystery and whole lot more we didn't know of each other.