Chapter Seven

"All right, class," Mr. Walker began. All of September we did nothing but improvisations and little short Drama skits, and now we were all pretty pumped for something new. Not like what we used to do was bad, really, my jokes were just horrendously unfunny and even that made people laugh somehow. Not even Chance's laugh reassured me. "The first thin you're going to do is pair up with a partner." And I first glanced at Chance.

Two hours. Alone. Together. Alone.

I did enjoy his company, more than I realized I was, and I kind of regretted now why I ever asked him in the first place - but I'd fail if I didn't. What I felt for that man... why didn't it just die off already? It was a miracle I even hid my feelings from Tori after a few close calls and suspicions of hers. She convinced herself I liked some next guy in school and out of some sort of revenge I teased her about it. I played along anyway because my options were severely limited.

I don't know why I said options like I had any to begin with.

A beautiful man with a beautiful personality and a few flaws he admitted to? Come on... did life just decide how I'd get tortured emotionally and sometimes sexually for a mailbox I kicked over?! And the kid I punched once... To be honest, if I factored myself in a relationship, I doubt I'd fare well in one, besides the fact Leone's betrayal loitered around a little - not as much as it used to. And because I don't know... I just didn't feel up to it, like I wouldn't work well, like I'd have too many problems and insecurities and jealousy issues.

I still had those. When and if I worked through them, then that's when I'd get back into one, with him if I had the chance really. To be truthful, again, I've thought about my options with the feelings Chance started, and I'd be 100% fine if I only got to know him on a more personal, deeper connection. I wanted that when Leone came in my life, trying his hardest to convince me otherwise of his feelings, when I liked him this much.

But it'd be nice... really nice. As nice as romance and intimacy and love were, love in a platonic sense, comforting embraces and quite a hilarious journey as friends was what looked better for my sake. My priorities were still at the top and I needed it to be that way, and neither would my patheticism and dreams would change that.

Come on, Thomas. I always fell fast for someone with a personality I found fascinating, mysterious, someone who had a sense of humour which all of Leone packed. And it always came back to Leone. Jeez, do I even have a life right now?

Right as I saw Maleah approach him with a shy smile, I sighed out of relief, and a little sense of jealousy overcame. So I turned to Tori who stood in the little square dressing room and there she was with Clement, a pretty attractive guy she had eyes on and my sadness grew.

I found Dante a little more attractive and judging by what she told me about yesterday, she had a blast. I smiled a little anyway.

There were a few others around the room questioning their options of who they'd be paired up with, and in just a month we had a few episodes of drama between small groups of people. Their jokes, the satire, intense profanity, I laughed my butt off, yeah, but holy I grew tired of it all by the end. With every. Single. Skit.

So why would I work with those type of people. Being pulled in their problems when I had my own, being tasked to be in control or someone else taking control? No, sir, I am sorry. No, no, no. I am good, thank you very much. So when I looked at Levy, he partnered himself up with Jesus and I threw my hands in the air. Like really? And yes, that was his name, people.

I didn't think I had any more options left now.

Then a voice came in from behind, "Hey, Thomas." I turned and recognized Chris who smiled. "Wanna be partners?" he asked and to say I shocked could've been an understatement. Whelmed to say the least. Considering how open and talkative he was I thought he already got a partner.