Chapter 32

32. Forever Mates

I glanced from the TV to the clock once more. It was the hundred time I have looked at it this past minute. I was waiting for John to call.

When I saw what time it was I sighed disappointed. I turned my attention back to the TV, slumping down on the couch. I put my feet up on the coffee table and crossed my arms. Why can't time move fast when you want it to? But no, it has to go fast when you don't want it to and slow when you want it to go fast.

Clocks are so evil and unfair.

I threw my head back and groaned from boredom.

"Sh! Let me watch the movie," said Michelle. She was sitting next to me eating popcorn whilst watching Eclipse. Her eyes were focused on the TV. She grabbed a handful of popcorn and stuffed it in her mouth, munching it slowly. "Oh god." She was on the part where they were battling the newborns.

I snorted. "Easy for you to say, Allen already called you."

She switched her attention from the TV to me. "John will call you." While she was talking she spit out some of her popcorn.

I made a disgusted face. "Gross Michelle! You spit at me!" I wiped some that were on my shirt.

She looked at me sheepishly. "Sorry."

"Next time swallow ---- " I was interrupted by my cell phone ringing. I jumped out of the couch and pulled my phone out of my pocket. "John!"

I heard his laugh at the other side of the line. "Hello to you too."

Michelle rolled her eyes and went back to the TV.

I went upstairs to get some privacy. Once I was in the room I shut the door and jumped on the bed. It's a habit I have everytime John calls.

"So, how are you?" I asked.

"I'm doing fine, just finished training."

My smiled wiped from my face. I swallowed back the lump in my throat. "It's tomorrow isn't it?" I whispered.

"Yes."

I closed my eyes and rubbed them. Everytime I think about John going there I get scared. I can't help it. Any other women would get scared if they found out the love of their life was going of to war. "Are you leaving today?"

"Yeah, we have to be there by tomorrow."

"How are the others?"

"They're fine. I'm now in Michigan with your father and brothers."

"Are you all going to fly to Arkansas?" Arkansas was were the Midnight pack was now.

"No," he said amused. "We're going to run. It's faster this way."

I laughed a little. "You better pack up water, you'll get tired after running through a couple of states."

He grunted. "I'm an Alpha, I can handle it."

I rolled my eyes. Men, they think they can handle anything. "Don't say I didn't warn you."

"Yeah well ---- "

"John! Your time is over! It's my turn to call my mate!" someone yelled. I didn't know who the voice belonged to.

"Yeah hold on!" John yelled back.

"I need it!"

"Wait!" growled John. The man shut up.

I laughed. "Stop scaring people John."