Chapter Fifteen - Left Hand of God

Cas (POV)

I sat down in the hut for a good few hours before Dean finally managed to find me. There was a rush of wind blowing around the hut and suddenly the door had burst open. I looked up from my knees and stood up quickly when I saw dean enter.

"That was a stupid thing you did." Dean says, approaching me carefully with annoyance and hate in his eyes. My back is flattened against the wall so there is nowhere I can run or hide.

"Dean, I'm sorry." I whimper out, not looking him in his eyes. He reaches me and grasp ahold of my chin, turning my face to look at him. My eyes bare into his and his green ones right onto mine. He looked angry.

It was safe to say I was terrified, terrified of what he would do to me, terrified of what he was actually capable of. I looked at him and gulped as he glared right into my eyes. I shut my eyes tight as he tightened his grip on me.

I felt something swell inside of me, some kind if inner power but I was too worried about dean to focus to much on it. I was expecting a slap across my face when instead I heard a hiss and a cry from dean.

I quickly opened my eyes to find dean blown to the floor, sprawled across the wooden panes as if someone had knocked him down. I look down at him in shock, mouth dropping open and he looked up at me with the same kind of shock in his own eyes.

"W-what happened?" I stutter out, kneeling down beside him and helping him back up. He took my shoulders and stood back up again with a slight crick in his neck which he cracked into place.

"I-I don't know." Dean says, looking at me still with the same look in his eyes. "I felt something pass though us when I touched you and I don't even know where it came from."

He breathed out deeply and looked down at his hand for some reason. He put two fingers together and clicked, suddenly the whole cabin set aflame. I screamed loudly, but what I would have found funny if not for the situation, so did dean.

Dean grabbed my hand quickly in his hand and tried pulling me out of the cabin but I was too traumatised to move. Instead he stepped towards me and lifted me up in his arms before running towards the door and crashing out of it before the cabin roof fell down through the flames.

A few yards away from the cabin, dean rested me back down on the grassy ground and looked back at the cabin in shock, breathing rabidly and heavily.

"W-what the hell was that?" I stammer out, looking from where I was sat at the rising smoke from the wooden cabin. Dean turned back to look at me and shook his head.

"I don't know." He breathed out. "It's like the power that transferred between us made me more powerful. I clicked my fingers to set a fire in the hearth to warm us both and instead the whole place set alite!"

"I don't understand." I whimper, still shaking from the near death experience and the whole tremor from when dean picked me up.

"Me neither." Dean whispered and sat down next to me on the grass, leaning back against the ground and acting casual again as if nothing ever happened. There were a few moments silence that passed before I finally managed to speak again.

"Dean, I'm really sorry about talking to Sam-" I start to say, my voice cracking from both the smoke of the fire and emotion.

"It's okay." Dean muttered back, cutting off the rest of my sentence. I take a quick glance of shock at him and burrow my eyebrows in confusion. There was no way he could sudden be okay with me after being so angry with me when he finally found me in the cabin. What ha made him change his mind? Could it be the weird connection that had suddenly past between us? Maybe he had just gotten over it?