Chapter Six - Forgive Me Father

Cas (POV)

All i can feel is pain. Dreadful, agonising pain coursing through my body. I can't move, i can't open my eyes. There is loud ringing in my ear and i feel myself getting weaker and weaker until i black out completely.

When i do blackout i can feel my spirit raising up from my body, drifting away from it. Was i dying? Was i already dead? I open my eyes and look down to see my body still laying there, in a state of disrepair as people gather around me and try to wake me up. The world looks dark and shadowing as i am seeing things in a different light to the worldly light i was used to. 

I could see people moving put i could not see their faces, they were just dark or light shadows running around me and bending over me. The car that had hit me had disappeared from view and i could hear an ambulance in the distance but it was almost as if i was hearing it through a brick wall as everything was so muffled. 

Suddenly however a black shape was moving straight towards me and stopped just in time right in front of me, grabbing me by the waist. I could barely feel it but it was almost as if i felt winded. The only thing that i could see in the shadow was a pair of glowing green eyes and it looked as if it was trying to speak to me. 

I made out a few words such as "body" and "near death experience" and "out of body experience" but that was all i heard before the character picked my soul up with ease and with a forceful shove, pushed me back down into my body.

---

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

I wake up to the sound of a heart-rate monitor and open my eyes to see bright white lights filling my gaze. I knew i was in a hospital bed and when i tried sitting up, my whole body wrenched and ached with pain which made my heart monitor go crazy.

Nurses and doctors rushed into the room and layed back down while all speaking at the same time. Their words were becoming befuddled in my brain but i made out what the main doctor was saying to me luckily.

"Father Novak, you've made a lucky escape of death. God really is on your side." He said and i nod at him, my mouth to dry to form any words. "Luckily nothing seems to be broken either and you only have a few shattered ribs. In a week or two you will be absolutely fine."

A nurse handed me a drink of water and with a shaky hand i took it from him and held it up to my lips, instantly letting the cool liquid slide down my throat which made me already feel that slight bit better. However all i could see in my mind while the doctors and nurses were asking me questions were the glowing green eyes and the deep, masked voice of my saviour. 

***Three weeks later***

It was the charity event that the church hosts every single year. People brought their old things and people bought people's old things while all donations would be given to the orphans on St Patricks Way. People were coming and going and i was greeting people, making sure that people was buying things and also keeping watch over the donations on the table just outside the church. 

It was a love summers afternoon and it seemed like on this particular day nothing could go wrong. How wrong i was. Suddenly the clouds glazed over the sun, sending a dark shadow over the entire church and people looked around in confusion as it really wasn't meant to rain today. It was meant to be sunny summer spells all day long until evening. 

A cold chill filled the air and people started shivering and some even started leaving. It was then i heard someone scream and i turned so quickly that i almost got whiplash. It was then that i saw was the woman was screaming at, it was because someone was stealing all the donations. I balled my hands up into fists and as soon as the figure started running, i immediately started chasing after it, down street after street, my legs trying to go as fast as they could.