Chapter Twelve - Quarter-Life Crisis

Cas (POV)

There was a murder investigation for the dear doctor and the hype went all around town. Luckily however, Dean was smart enough to clear any "evidence" that even slightly suggested that we had been there that night. Not like it would have mattered to Dean anyway as he could just smoke out of jail any time he wanted.

I was having a mental breakdown without anybody to stress out to and was kind of regretted finding out about the doctor. He may have been evil and only trying to get information off me about Dean but it was still nice to speak to someone who I thought I trusted and to vent my anger and frustration to them. I was tired.

I was currently sat on the floor of play flat, leaning my back against the sofa with my legs sprawled across the floor. I had a bottle of cheap red wine in one hand and a cigarette hanging out of the other while I stared into space, my lips slowly going purple from the wine and my skin becoming paler and paler with every drag of the cigarette I took.

I sighed and leaned my head backwards tiredly, groaning to myself while doing so before taking another huge swig of wine that dripped from the corners of my mouth but I didn't really care. I was too depressed at the moment to care, unable to move a muscle because my whole life was weighing me down.

My head swings forward and I cough loudly before taking a drag of the cigarette that was between his fingers. I finally got the energy to stand up from the floor and ended up stumbling out of the living room and into the kitchen where I threw the bottle of wine roughly into the kitchen sink, making it smash. I shrug my shoulder and throw the cigarette into the water before turning around again to face the door.

I should probably go to the church or something and do some work. I hadn't written any sermons and was literally just making it up as i went along lately but the place needed to be cleaned and i hadn't even picked up the bible in weeks.

I run a hand through my messy hair and stumble towards the door where i slip on a jacket and exit. The hall seemed longer in my state of alcoholism and i had to keep a hand on the wall at all times just to make sure i was walking forwards and not falling over my own feet. When i finally get to the stairs, that was the tricky part. I groan and go down slowly, one step at a time all the while keeping both hands on the railings.

Soon enough i was stumbling inside the church and dragging my feet down the red carpet that led up towards the alter and stands. I sit on the steps when i finally get there for a breather and hold my stomach to stop myself from being sick at all, taking in deep breaths and blowing them back out again while trying to correct my vision that was blurry and out of proportion.

Just then i heard a noise from somewhere in the church and i look around in confusion, wondering how anybody got in here when the door had been locked. The noise came again but i couldn't quite figure out what it was or where it was even coming from. I walk towards the side of the church where the confession boxes were and the noise appeared to be louder. It sounded to me like... moaning? I slowly walk towards the box and but keep my distance as i didn't want whoever was in there to see my feet through the gap of the curtains and the floor.

It was definitely moaning. Sex moaning. I grimace and shake my head. Who the hell does it in a church? Well apart from me but i have excuses for that! The couple in the confession box most certainly do not. I lean against one of the benches and cross my arms, staring at the curtain with a scowl and raised eyebrows until the couple came out.

When they finally did my scowl dropped to see Dean and a young woman who had spoken to me before after a sermon i had given. I quickly regained my scowl when i saw Dean shrug and grin and the young woman go sickly pale and look down at her shoes.