Chapter Sixteen - The Cage

Cas (POV)

The angel had gone and I was still stood in exactly the same place, string at where Gods warrior had stood. I was in shock, complete and utter shock at the face I had been face to face with Michael the archangel. He wasn't how I had expected at all.

I mean, I knew that he would be beautiful because he was an angel but I expected a meaner and more powerful being rather then an angel who just looked and acted like a normal man, the whole situation was insane.

I was excited though, Michael had always been my favourite angel in the bible and I had read a ton of lore on him over the years. On the outside I was frozen in shock and looked as pale as a ghost but on the inside I was screaming with excitement. What could Michael the archangel possibly want with me, surely he had other things in his mind then visiting a poor priest who got too messed up in the supernatural world.

My finger finally twitches and I snap out of it, shaking my head slightly and running a tired hand over my eyes. At least something good came through my life at this current point. Sure I was a demons bitch and an angels joke but I got to meet the Michael. And he said he would see me again!

I felt happy for once, excited and happy as I walked towards the church. To my surprise people were already stood outside and I smile at them. But they didn't smile back which left me feeling a bit confused.

"We don't want you here anymore!" Someone shouted and I froze, looking towards the crowd that was blocking the entrance to the church.

"Pardon?" I ask politely but I heart was thudding violently in my chest. Why were they saying this?

"God hates homosexuals! Especially ones who pretend to be priests!" Another person snapped and my mouth fell open. I wasn't homosexual? What were they even talking about?!

"I don't understand.." I mutter, trailing off as I look at the angry crowd, backing away slightly. "I'm not-"

"She saw you!" Said a middle aged woman, pointing to her eldest daughter. Is was the same girl who I had found getting comfy with dean in the confession box. I raise my eyebrows at her and suddenly her face falls from a vicious snarl to a look of embarrassment.

"Oh you mean your daughter? Your daughter who acted indecently with a man in one of my confession boxes?" I ask coolly and a murmur goes around the crowd

"T-that's not true!" The girl shrieks, her cheeks burning up. "I came to see you and I saw you and him-"

"Me and who?" I ask casually.

"The man!"

"What man?"

"The man I-" she faltered, still beet root red in the face.

"The man you had sex with in a place of worship?" I ask innocently and people begin glaring at the girl instead. I cross my arms over my chest and give her a death stare. "So you're telling me that I slept with a man who you slept with only moments before? Who do you think I am?"

I may have acted all cool and casual on the outside but inside was a trainwreck. My heart was beating out of rhythm and a lump formed in my throat which I gulped down every time I spoke. My stomach did summersaults and I was blinking way to much to be telling the truth.

"Ashley!" Her mother exclaimed, stepping away from her daughter. "How dare you-"

"What's all this about?" I heard a sickly familiar voice from behind me and dean walked through the crowd and stood there. Both mine and the girls eyes went wide and we took a glance at each other, both slightly terrified. For a moment I think we both knew he was capable of ruining both our lives.