Chapter Four - Stained-Glass Windows

Cas (POV)

"Thank you. Thank you for coming." I say to every person that walked out, smiling at them all and shaking a few hands.

"Beautiful sermon as always, Father." A woman says, smiling kindly. It was strange but I had never seen her in my life before, certainly never at my church.

"Forgive me, but i've never seen you here before." i say truthfully, taking her hand in mine and shaking it.

"Oh, i've always been here." She tells me. He voice was so regal and powerful with a sly edge to it. It was almost as if she had come from another world in which she ruled. "I come every Sunday to your beautiful church and i must admit, your surmons are unlike any other i have seen."

"Why thank you ma'am, i do try to make them as un-boring as possible." I attempt to joke and the woman smiles back, although, it wasn't so much a smile but more a grimace or a smirk. I wasn't sure about here but if there was one thing i had learned from becoming a priest, it was never to judge anyone by the appearance.

The woman was beautiful, tall and had long dark hair flowing down her back. She wore black on black clothes as if she was dressed for a funeral and her eye make-up was as dark at the clothes on her back. Her lips were painted blood red and her face was white, with no colour in them at all. Not even a red spot or blemish, making her skin look smooth and, with no other word to describe, perfect.

"It was nice meeting you, Castiel." The woman says before turning her back on me and walking away swiftly as if only the wind was carrying her. I bid goodbye to everyone and enter the church once again and sit down on one of the pews, looking around at the stained glass windows. I always did like looking at them for no apparent reason other than they were so artistically beautiful.

I stand up and walk around, looking up at the reds, blues, greens and purples of the windows, the sun shining through them and sending different colours sparkling around the church. I walk around and get to one of my favourites. It is of an angel and a demon fighting in a heavenly battle. The angel was beautiful, the halo around its head looked as if it was actually glowing as the sun passed through it and lit it up. I look down at where the demon lay, sheilding itself away from Michael (The Angel's) fiery sword.

My wonderous smile drops as i look at the demon laying on the ground in the art work and i squint my eyes up at it, realising that something had changed. Before the demon had lay on the ground with it's arms raised above its head, pleading for the archangel Micheal to take mercy on him. But now, the demon's position had changed. Instead of looking up at Michael with it's arms raised in surrender...

it was staring right at me.

It's eyes were fiery red and it's hands were now gripping the ground below it, holding it's body up. Wings spiked out of it's back but the wings were burnt and crisp, completely ruined by it's own demise. But the creepiest part was not it's red eyes or twisted body, but the dreadful grin upon it's evil face.

***

Once again i wake up in a cold sweat from a nightmare. Not the same as always but again very similar. I wipe the sweat from my brow and turn on the lamp, looking around my bedroom tiredly.

"Will you please just give me one nights rest?" I plea to no one in particular as i lay back against my pillow with the lamp still safely lighting up my ghastly room. I groan as i knew that i wouldn't be able to get back to sleep for a while and swing my legs over the side of the bed.

I stand up and shrug on some clothes before making a cup of boiling hot tea to wam me against the cold morning. It was not light yet but i would have had to get up soon anyway to open the church up. Perhaps i would go earlier today, maybe sort out a bit of paperwork before confession.